|GGSIU New Delhi Entrance for MBBS
Kochi, March 24, 2011: Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi, has invited applications from eligible candidates for appearing in Common Entrance Test (CET) of MBBS Programme for admission in the Institutions as details below:
(i) Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjang Hospital
(ii) Army College of Medical Sciences
There will be two stages of the Common Entrance Test. Only qualified candidates of Stage I will be allowed to appear in Stage II Entrance Test of MBBS.
The CET: MBBS-2011 (Stage I) is proposed to be conducted at Bangalore, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Delhi, Jaipur, Jallandhar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Dehradun, Hissar, Shimla and Moradabad on May 7, 2011. MBBS (Stage II) test will be held only at Delhi on May 28, 2011.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission:
Nationality: Candidate should be an Indian citizen. Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are not eligible.
Age: Candidate should be of 17 (Seventeen) years as on the 31st December, 2011.
Essential Qualifications: Candidate should have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme / Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science (ISc) or an equivalent examination of the recognised University/Board of any Indian State with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (Core or Elective or Functional).
Minimum Aggregate: Candidate must have passed in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (Core or Elective or Functional) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (40% in case of SC/ST candidates, subject to availability of seat for these categories in the respective institutions).
Availability of Admission Brochure Along with Application Form
The price of Admission Brochure along with Application Form is Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) and it will be on sale on all working days during normal Banking hours through the designated branches of Indian Bank (list in the link:
Admission Brochure along with Application Form can also be obtained through registered / speed post. A request in this regard should be sent to the Joint Registrar (Academic), Administrative Block, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Sector 16 C, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075 alongwith the following:
- An application on plain paper, addressed to the Joint Registrar (Academic) requesting to issue Admission Brochure (MBBS Programme). The application should clearly mention the name and the address of the applicant;
- A Demand Draft of Rs.1100/- (Rupees One Thousand One Hundred only) drawn in favour of Registrar, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, payable at Delhi. The name, address and phone number of the applicant should be clearly mentioned on the back side of the Demand Draft/Pay Order;
- A self-addressed envelope of size not less than 24cms x 30cms.
Submission of Application Form
The Application Form complete in all respects in the sealed printed envelope given along with Admission Brochure, should be submitted by hand at the University counter or it may be sent by Registered/Speed Post to the Controller of Examinations, Administrative Block, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Sector-16 C, Dwarka, New Delhi - 110075 latest by 5.00 p.m. of 25.04.2011.
1. Last date for receipt of request in the University for sending the Admission Brochure alongwith the Application Form by Registered Post / Speed Post: 06.04.2011
2. Last date for receipt of completed Application Form in the University: 25.04.2011
3. Display of allotted Roll Numbers and Centres of CET: MBBS - 2011 on the University Website (www.ipu.ac.in): 02.05.2011
4. Date & Time of Common Entrance Test - [CET: MBBS - 2011] (Stage - I): 07.05.2011 2 pm - 5 pm
5. Date of declaration of Result of CET: MBBS - 2011 (Stage - I) on the University Website (www.ipu.ac.in): 17.05.2011
6. Declaration of Test Centres for Stage - II on University Website (www.ipu.ac.in) : 23.05.2011
7. Date & Time of Common Entrance Test - [CET: MBBS - 2011] (Stage - II) : 28.05.2011 2 pm - 5 pm
8. Date of declaration of Result of CET: MBBS - 2011 (Stage - II) on the University Website (www.ipu.ac.in): 14.06.2011
Visit website: http://www.ipu.ac.in for details.