Inter-disciplinary Masters Programmes at TISS
Kochi, April 4, 2012: Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai has invited applications for admission to the following Inter-disciplinary Masters Programmes of Academic Year 2012-13 at Mumbai, Guwahati, Hyderabad centres:
* MA Rural Development & Governance
* MA Ecology, Environment & Sustainable Development
* MA Social Work
* Master of Library and Information Science
* MA in Rural Development and Governance :
The course is open for young graduates with a pass class cleared in one sitting. The course is also open for development practitioners, policymakers, government line ministry staff and programme managers, to engage in complex local governance processes. It is suitable for government officials of different levels, project and programme managers, policy makers, consultants, NGO staff, staff from federations of community organisations or private sector organizations.
* MA in Social Work :
MA in Social Work programme aims to create a cadre of young social workers who work with communities towards social justice, and aim to find innovative solutions towards the same. Individuals with Bachelors degree in any discipline with minimum of 3 years of education (i.e., 10+2+3 pattern) are eligible to apply for the course.
* MA in Ecology, Environment and Sustainable Development :
Candidates with Bachelors degree in any discipline with minimum of 3 years of education (post 10 + 2) are eligible to apply for the course.
* Master of Library and Information Science (M.LIS) :
Candidates with a Bachelors Degree of minimum 3-year duration or equivalent education (under the 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study or any other pattern fulfilling the mandatory requirement of 15 years of formal education), in any discipline are eligible to apply.
* TISS - Masters Admission Test (TISS-MAT) :
Candidates, who fulfill the eligibility criteria, can apply for the programme online. If found eligible upon verification of all the information, will be called for an Entrance Test & Personal Interview. Successful candidates whose names appear in the final admission list will qualify to join the programme.
Entrance Test :
Candidates who apply for this programme are expected to clear an entrance test. The Entrance test will be held on 16th & 17th June, 2012 in Hyderabad for candidates who have applied for the Rural Development & Governance course and in Guwahati for candidates who have applied for Social Work and Ecology, Environment & Sustainable Development programmes. Candidates who have applied for MLISc programme can appear for entrance examination at Mumbai, Hyderabad and Guwahati campuses.
Application Procedure :
All candidates are required to apply online through the E-application only, available at : www.MA-programmes.tiss.edu
Application Fees : Rs. 975 (Rs.950 application fee + Rs.25 as bank processing charges) to be deposited in Power Jyoti account or payment getaway.
Mode of Payment :
* Online Payment by Credit Card / Debit Card : Rs. 975
* Online Payment by NetBanking : Rs. 975
* Cash Deposit in any SBI Branch using the prescribed challan : Rs. 950 + bank charges
* Upload of application form on website: 2 APRIL, 2012
* Last date for online submission & receipt of completed application forms : 20 MAY, 2012
* Final list of candidates on TISS website : 28 MAY, 2012
* Entrance Test, GD & Personal Interviews at Mumbai, Hyderabad & Guwahati : 16th & 17th JUNE, 2012
* Declaration of results : 22 JUNE, 2012
* Last date for payment of fees by selected candidates : 15 JULY, 2012
* Waiting List : 22 JULY, 2012
* Close admissions : 30 JULY, 2012
* Commencement of academic session : 1 AUGUST, 2012
For details, logon to :