PG / Research Programmes 2012 at Hyderabad Uty
Kochi, April 10, 2012: University of Hyderabad has invited applications for admission to postgraduate courses and research programmes of Academic Year 2012-13 through an All-India entrance examination.
* MA and MSc (5-year Integrated) Courses : 10 Semesters (after +2 education) in Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences.
* PG Courses : 4/6 semesters (after 10+2+3 education) in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Performing Arts, Fine Arts, Art History, Communication, Business Administration in Health Care and Hospital Management, Health Psychology, Master of Computer Applications.
* Adv. PG Diploma and PG Diploma : (2 semesters) in Folk Culture Studies, Mineral Exploration, Health Fitness and Life Styie Management and Health Communication.
* MTech Programmes : (4 semesters) in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Information Technology (CS/AI/IT), Computational Techniques, Integrated Circuit Technology, Bioinformatics and Mineral Exploration.
* MPhil Programmes : (2 semesters) in Humanities and Social Sciences.
* PhD Programmes : (2-5 years) in Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences.
* Integrated MTech / PhD Materials Engineering, Nano Science and Technology and Integrated MSc / PhD Biotechnology.
Eligibility for admission to the courses are detailed at : http://www.uohyd.ac.in/images/pdf/prospectus2012.pdf
How to apply :
(1) The Prospectus-cum-Application Forms can be downloaded from : http://www.uohyd.ac.in
Filled in applications should be submitted to the University along with the Entrance Examination fee in the form of a demand draft of Rs. 300/- for each course in the case of General / OBC category and Rs. 125/- for each course in the case of SC / ST / PWD categories.
(2) Xerox copies of Application Forms along with the instructions to fill the application form can be obtained in person from the Academic Section, Office of the Controller of Examinations, University Campus, Hyderabad free of cost to E limited extent.
(3) The Demand Draft towards the entrance examination fee should be drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Hyderabad, on State Bank of India, Hyderabad Central University Campus Branch, Hyderabad (Code 5916) or on Andhra Bank, Nampaily Branch, Hyderabad (Code 378). (4) The duly filled-in applications are to be submitted in person at the Academic Section or by post to the Dy. Registrar (Acad. & Exams) to the above address so as to reach him on or before 04.05.2012
Entrance Examination fee (Separate application is required for each course / programme) :
* General & OBC Category : Rs.300/-
* SC / ST / PWD Category : Rs.125/-
Entrance Examination Centres :
Ahmedabad,Aizawl,Ananthapur, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Bhopal, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Dimapur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kadapa, Karimnagar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nellore, Nizamabad, Patna, Pune, Ranchi, Raipur, Shillong, Srinagar, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram and Warangal.
Reservation of seats : Reservation of seats shall be as per the GOI / UGC norms for SC / ST / OBC / PWD / Wards / Dependants of defence personnel / Kashmiri migrants / Foreign Nationals / NRIs. Few seats are also provided to the nominees from some UT / NE states. Relaxation in the prescribed percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination is also provided for SC / ST / PWD categories.
Important Dates :
* Last date for Downloading of Application Forms : 04-05-2012
* Last date for receipt of filled-in Application Forms : 04-05-2012
* Downloading of Hall Tickets from : 21-05-2012
* Dates of Entrance Examinations : 01-06-2012 to 07-06-2012
For details, logon to : http://www.uohyd.ac.in/images/pdf/prospectus2012.pdf