Ph.D at ARIES, Nainital
Kochi, April 15,2012: Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Manora Peak, Nainital has invited applications for admission to Ph.D Courses of Academic Year 2012-14:
Criteria for qualification of PhD interviews at ARIES:
1. M. Sc. Physics/Astrophysics with minimum 55% for General/OBC and 50% for SC/ST
2. JEST-2012 qualified or CSIR-NET (JRF/LS) qualified in Physics (December 2010, June 2011, December 2011)or GATE - 2012/2011 qualified in Physics
3. The candidate should pass M. Sc. on or after 2009
4. Maximum age on August 1, 2012 should not be more than 28 years.
5. Students who are appearing in M. Sc. final year exam can appear before the interview, but, if selected have to furnish the proof of M. Sc. qualification (with minimum marks 55% for General/OBC and 50% for SC/ST) before joining as JRF at ARIES.
Candidates who are JEST qualified need not apply. ARIES will issue the interview letters to such candidates.The CSIR-NET (JRF/LS) and GATE qualified candidates have to apply to The Chairman, Academic Committee, Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Manora Peak, Nainital -263129, Uttaranchal
Application: Application forms can be downloaded from www.aries.res.in
Following documents are to be attached with the filled-in application forms:
1. Self attested photocopies of all the certificates and mark sheets of above mentioned qualification
2. Self attested photocopies of certificate for the proof of the date of birth
3. Self attested photocopies of the certificate for the proof of category (OBC/SC/ST)
4. Self attested photocopies of the GATE/CSIR-NET score card/certificate.
Important Dates: Application deadline for CSIR-NET and GATE qualified candidates: May 15, 2012.
List of successful candidate for inteview:
JEST: May Ist week
NET/GATE: May 3rd week,2012
Interview dates: 25-29 June 2012
Final result will be declared on: July Ist week
For details, logon to www.aries.res.in