Research Programmes at CDS, Trivandrum
Kochi, April 16, 2012: Centre for Development Studies (CDS), Trivandrum, Kerala has invited applications for admission to its full-time programmes leading to MPhil in Applied Economics and PhD in Economics. The Programmes commence on August 01, 2012.
(1) MPhil Programme in Applied Economics :
Master's in Economics / other Social Sciences / Humanities / Law with >= 55% or in Sciences / Technology / Life Sciences with >= 60%
* Those awaiting results of the qualifying examination can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, shall be allowed to join the Programme only if their institutions certify that they have completed all requirements for award of degree.
* SC, ST & PH (with > 40% disability) candidates eligible irrespective of percentage of marks for the Master's degree.
(2) PhD Programme in Economics :
MPhil with Final Grade Point Average of at least 6.0 (high second class) and Master's with ≥ 55% marks in Economics or related disciplines. In exceptional cases of proven merit, those who do not have an MPhil may be considered if having at least two years' research experience in a University / Research Institution and research publications in refereed academic journals.
* Those awaiting award of the MPhil Degree can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, shall be allowed to join the Programme only if their institutions certify that they have completed all requirements for award of degree.
* SC, ST & PH (with >40% disability) candidates are eligible irrespective of percentage of marks for the qualifying degree.
* Foreign nationals and those who have undergone the qualifying Programmes abroad will be eligible subject to clarification on equivalence of their Degrees by the University.
HOW TO APPLY :
Application is to be submitted in the Pescribed Format along with :
* Copies of all Marksheets / Certificates from +2 onwards
* Study Proposal (Please read the GUIDELINES with the Application Form)
* Application Fee of Rs 200, as a DD drawn in favour of the Centre for Development Studies, Payable at Trivandrum
(SC, ST and PH (with >=40% disability) applicants are exempted from payment of the Application fee)
Application format can be downloaded from :
http://cds.edu/admin/homeFiles/MPhil2012-Application%20Form%20&%20Guidelines.pdf (For MPhil)
http://cds.edu/admin/homeFiles/PhD2012-ApplicationForm&Guidelines.pdf (For PhD)
The application with enclosures should reach the Academic Programme Office, Centre for Development Studies, Ulloor, Medical College (P.O.), Thiruvananthapuram-695011, Kerala on or before May 25, 2012.
For details, logon to : http://cds.edu/admin/homeFiles/Prospectus-MPhil&PhD%20Admission2012.pdf