UG, PG, MPhil, Diploma courses at Gandhigram
Kochi, April 23, 2012: Gandhigram Rural Institute, Tamil Nadu has invited applications for admission to various courses of Academic Year 2012-13.
I. UG Programmes :
B Sc : Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Home Science
BA : Gandhian Social Work
BBA : Rural Industries and Management
B Com : Co-operation
II. PG Programmes :
MA : Tamil and Indian Literature, English and Communicative Studies, Hindi, Human Resource and Conflict Management, Sociology, Rural Development.
MSc : Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Food Science and Nutrition,Home Science Extension and Communication, Micro Biology, Dairy Science, Geo Informatics, Information Technology
III. 5 Year Integrated Programme :
MA Development Administration
IV. Professional Courses :
* BTech Civil Engineering (Habitat Development) Regular / Lateral Entry
* MBA : Small Business Management, Cooperative Management, Rural Industries Management, Rural Project Management (all with dual specialization on Human Resources, Marketing and Finance)
* BEd : Integrated (for internal candidates only - students studying UG / PG in GRI)
V. UGC Innovative Programmes :
* BSc Textiles & Fashion Design
* MA Governance and Development
* PG Diploma : Spatial Technologies, Educational Technology and Action Research
VI. M Phil Programmes :
Tamil, Economics, Futurology, English and Communicative Studies, Micro Level Planning, Research and Development, Development Sociology, Development Administration, Food Science and Nutrition, Chemistry, Energy, Physics
VII. PG Diploma Programmes :
PG Diploma Sanitary Inspector's Course, Banking and Insurance Geology and Geomatics
VIII. Diploma Programmes :
Diploma : Agriculture, Khadi and Handloom Technology, Bakery and Confectionery, Textiles Technology
IX. Post Diploma :
Eligibility for admission to the above courses can be referred in detail, from : http://www.ruraluniv.ac.in
Application form with Prospectus can be had from the Deputy Registrar (Academic) either in person by cash payment or by post by sending a written request specifying the programme and enclosing a crossed Demand Draft drawn in favour of The Registrar, The Gandhigram Rural Institute - Deemed University payable at Canara Bank, Gandhigram (Code No.8500) or State Bank of India, Ambathurai (Code No. 3373) or any Nationalized / Scheduled Bank in Dindigul. An additional payment of Rs.50 needs to be made in case of DD drawn from other banks.
Application Cost for all Diploma / UG / PG Dip / Post Diploma / PG / M Phil programmes is as follows :
a. In person Rs.180/-
b. By post Rs.225/-
c. Foreigners excluding SAARC and Developing countries US $ 20
No application and registration fee for SC/ST students for any ONE programme on production of a copy of their community certificates.
Applications can also be downloaded from : http://www.ruraluniv.ac.in and Demand Draft should be enclosed for the cost of application and registration fee along with filled-in application form.
Last date for submission of completed applications is as follows :
(1) All UG and Diploma programmes : 10 days from the date of publication of Results of HSc in Tamil Nadu
(2) All PG, PG Diploma and Post Diploma programmes : 21.05.2012
(3) All MPhil programmes : 04.06.2012
For further details, logon to : http://www.ruraluniv.ac.in