Super speciality (M.Ch) courses at RCC
Kochi, April 23, 2012: Applications have been invited in the prescribed format from eligible candidates for admission to M.Ch Surgical (Three Years) / Medical (One Year) Oncology Courses of Academic Year 2012 at Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram.
Eligibility for admission :
(a) Nativity :
Applicants should satisfy the following conditions :
(i) Should be an Indian Citizen
(ii) Should have passed PG Degree (MD/MS) from any of the Medical Colleges in India, recognized by the Medical Council of India or DNB from an institute in India, approved by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.
(b) Basic Academic Qualifications :
(i) MBBS Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India
(ii) Appropriate Post Graduate qualification required for applying for the course will be MS / MD / DNB in General Surgery / ENT / Obstetrics and Gynecology / Orthopedics for MCh Surgical Oncology and MD/DNB in General Medicine / Paediatrics / Radiotherapy for DM Medical Oncology.
(c) Age :
Upper age limit for General merit candidates would be 40 years, as on 30th May 2012. Age relaxation of five years is applicable to all SC/ST candidates and in-service candidates.
(d) All candidates should qualify the Entrance Examination conducted by the Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala by securing minimum of 50% marks.
Application procedure :
Application procedure is common for all candidates applying for the course. Candidates seeking admission to the course can download the prospectus and application form from : www.rcctvm.org
Candidates should visit www.rcctvm.org where he/she can find the link 'Online Application for PG Super Speciality Course 2012' for submitting his/her application.
Duly completed application must be accompanied with a Demand Draft payable at State Bank of Travancore, Medical College Branch, Thiruvananthapuram for Rs. 1500/- (Rs.750/- for SC/ST) drawn in favour of "Director, Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram". Completed and signed application form with all the necessary enclosures should be sent to 'The Director, Regional Cancer Centre, Medical College Campus, Thiruvananthapuram – 695011' by Registered/Speed Post only and should reach The Director, RCC, latest by 4:00 pm on 10th May 2012.
The envelope containing the application should be superscribed "APPLICATION FOR MCh SURGICAL ONCOLOGY COURSE" or "APPLICATION FOR DM MEDICAL ONCOLOGY COURSE".
Self-attested photo-copies of the following documents should be attached along with the application :
1. Final MBBS Marks sheet
2. MBBS Degree certificate
3. Internship completion certificate
4. MD / MS / DNB Degree certificate
5. Certificate from Principal of respective Medical College / Institution for candidates who have appeared/appearing for MD / MS / DNB.
6. MD / MS / DNB attempt certificate
7. Permanent Medical Registration Certificate of MBBS / PG Degree.
8. Proof of Nationality (Passport, Voters ID, PAN Card, Tahsildar's certificate).
9. Proof of age (Passport, Secondary School Leaving certificate showing date of birth, Tahsildar's certificate).
10. Character / Conduct certificate issued by competent authority (head of institute/gazetted officer).
11. Community certificate for SC / ST / SEBC candidates issued by Revenue Officer not below the rank of a Tahsildar.
12. Disability Certificate : Certificate of disability from the District Medical Board, certifying the degree of percentage of disability issued not earlier than 3 months prior to submission of application. No document/certificate other than those mentioned above will be accepted.
13. Photo copy of publications if any.
Admit cards will be available for downloading from 20 May, 2012 onwards at : www.rcctvm.org
For details, visit : http://www.rcctvm.org/Prospectus.pdf