MEd at Calicut Uty : Apply by May 31
Kochi, April 25, 2012: Applications are invited by Calicut Unversity for admission to MEd Regular (2 Semester Course) for the academic year 2012-13 in the Department of Education / Aided Colleges / Un-aided Colleges as detailed below :
(1) Department of Education, University Campus
(2) Government College of Teacher Education, Kozhikode
(3) Farook Training College (Aided)
(4) AWH College of Teacher Education, Cheruvannur (Unaided)
(5) Sree Narayana College of Teacher Education, Chelannur (Aided)
(6) NSS Training College, Ottappalam (Aided)
(7) MCT Training College, Melmuri (Unaided)
(8) Devaki Amma Memorial College of Teacher Education, Chelembra (Unaided)
(9) Sree Vivekananda College of Teacher Education, Palemad (Unaided)
(10) Sneha College of Teacher Education, Attayampathy (Unaided)
(11) Institute of Advanced Study in Education, Thrissur (Govt.)
(12) Dr. Palpu Memorial SNDP Yogam College of Education, Kodungallur (Unaided)
(13) Mahajubilee Training College, Mulloorkara
* Conditions and Guidelines :
I - Qualifications :
Bachelor's Degree in Education with at least 55% marks from University of Calicut or other universities recognized by Calicut University. 5% relaxation in marks will be allowed in the case of SEBC candidates and for SC/ST candidates. Minimum pass is required.
II - Reservation :
Seats are reserved for Physically Handicapped candidates and candidates belonging to SC, ST, MUSLIM, ETB, LC/SIUC, OBH & BPL (Forward Caste) categories as per the reservation principles of Government of Kerala adopted by the University.
Teacher Candidates from Govt./Aided Institutions with continuous regular / Employment Service will be given weightage of 1 mark each for every completed year (maximum of 5 marks).
III - Entrance Examination :
The entrance examination will be conducted at Calicut University Campus on 15.07.2012 (tentative).
How to apply :
Candidates should submit the application ONLINE at : www.universityofcalicut.info. Candidates should take a printout of the application after online submission. The signed copy of the printout along with a Demand Draft/Chalan for Rs.300/- (Rs.100/- for SC/ST) remitted under CUF / Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Calicut payable at State Bank of Tranvancore, Calicut University branch, attested copies of all Qualifying certificates, Community / Non Creamy Layer Certificate, Service Certificate (Form-IV) should reach the office of the Department of Education, Calicut University Campus, Calicut University (PO), Malappuram District, Kerala, PIN -673635 before the last date notified by the University.
Important Dates :
i. Last date for submission of Online application : 21-05-2012
ii. Last date for receipt of printout and DD : 31-05-2012
For more details, logon to : http://www.universityofcalicut.info/news/MEdnotification.pdf