MCA / MTech at VIT University
Kochi, April 28, 2012: VIT University, Vellore has invited applications for admission to the following courses of Academic Year 2012-13:
* Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
* Master of Technology (MTech)
* Nationality : The applicant for admission should be a Resident Indian National and should have graduated from Institutions located in India.
* Eligibility Criteria - MCA
• Candidates should have graduated with a full‐time degree from any recognized University with a minimum aggregate of 60% for MCA and 50% for MTech degree programmes.
• Consistent Record in X Std. and XII Std. is required.
• Candidates appearing for their final degree exam / final semester exam in the current year are also eligible to apply.
• Candidates should have completed their final Semester / Year exams before the selection interview at VIT University.
• It is compulsory for candidates selected to produce their final year marks' statement and Provisional degree certificate before August 15th, 2012, failing which, their admission will stand cancelled.
* Eligibility Criteria - MTech
1. Automotive Engineering Run in collaboration with Automotive Research Association of India, (ARAI), Pune :
BE / BTech Degree in Mechanical / Automobile / Production / Manufacturing Engineering or Mechatronics or any equivalent degree .
2. Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacturing :
BE / BTech Degree in Mechanical / Automobile or Production Engineering or any equivalent degree.
3. Energy and Environmental Engineering :
BE / BTech Degree in any branch of Engineerng & Technology / Biotechnology / Biochemical / MSc Environmental Science / Physics / Chemistry / Applied Sciences or any equivalent degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects in Higher Secondary level.
4. Mechatronics :
BE / BTech Degree in Mechanical / Automobile or Production Electrical & Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Electronics & Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Control / Computer Science / Information Technology / Mechatronics or any equivalent degree.
5. Manufacturing Engineering :
BE / BTech Degree in Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing / Automobile Engineering or any equivalent degree.
6. Structural Engineering :
BE / BTech Degree in Civil Engineering / Civil & Structural Engineering or any equivalent degree.
7. Information Technology (Networking) / Software Technology:
BE / BTech Degree in any branch / MS / MSc Computer Science or Information Technology or Software Engineering / MCA or any other equivalent degree with valid GATE score in Computer Science.
8. Nanotechnology :
BE / BTech Degree in ECE / EEE / E&I / MSc Physics with Spl. In Electronics / Material Science / Solid State Physics / BTech Nanotechnology / MSc Nanotechnology / or any equivalent degree.
9. Communication Engineering :
BE / BTech Degree in Electrical / Electronics / EEE/ ECE/ Telecommunication, E&I / Computer Sciences* (* Bridge course needed) MSc Physics with Electronics spl. / Electronics or any equivalent degree.
10. Sensor System Technology :
BE/BTech Degree in EEE / ECE / E&I / CSE / Instrumentation & Control / MSc Physics with Electronics / Electronics or any equivalent degree
11. VLSI Design (Very Large Scale Integrated Design) :
BE/BTech Degree in Electrical / Electronics / EEE / ECE / E&I / MSc Physics with Electronics / Electronics or any equivalent degree
12. Automotive Electronics in collaboration with TIFAC‐CORE industry partners :
BE / BTech Degree in ECE / Telecommunication / CSE / EIE / IT / EEE / Mechatronics or any equivalent degree
13. Power Electronics and Drives :
BE / BTech Degree in Electrical / Electronics / EEE / ECE / E&I or any equivalent degree.
14. Computer Science and Engineering :
BE / BTech Degree in any branch / MS / MSc Computer Science or IT or Software Engineering / MCA or any other equivalent degree with valid GATE score in Computer Science.
15. Biotechnology :
BE / BTech Degree in Chemical / Leather Technology / Biotechnology / Industrial Biotechnology / Bio‐chemical / Bio‐Medical / Bio‐Informatics or a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or MSc Degree in Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Microbiology / Bio‐Physics / Biology / Botany / Zoology / Genetics / MBBS / MSc (Ag) & MVSc.
16. Biomedical Engineering :
BE / BTech Degree in Bio‐Medical Engg / Bio‐Medical Instrumentation / Medical Electronics / ECE / EIE / Biotechnology / Bio‐Informatics / MSc in Biophysics / Electronics / Physics / Bio‐Medical Sciences / Bioinformatics or MBBS / Degree in Physiotherapy / Occupational therapy of 4 years degree programme.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE :
• Admission to both MCA and MTech programmes will be based on the candidate's performance in VITMEE conducted by VIT University. VITMEE will be conducted on 9th and 10th June 2012, from 10am to 12 noon and 2.30pm to 4.30 pm.
• The names of short‐listed candidates selected for interview will be published at : www.vit.ac.in.
• Candidates selected to attend the interview will be informed of the date and time through the website and also through SMS if mobile number is provided.
• Candidates selected would have to pay a deposit of Rs.10,000 towards counselling fee. Counselling fee is Non‐Refundable, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the university.
• This amount should be paid by way of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of "VIT University", payable at Vellore (only computerised DD alone will be accepted).
APPLICATION FORMS :
Candidates can apply online at : www.vit.ac.in/vitmee2012
TEST CENTRES :
BANGALORE, BHOPAL, CHENNAI, CHANDIGARH, COIMBATORE, HYDERABAD, JAIPUR, KOCHI, KOLKATA, LUCKNOW, MADURAI, NAGPUR, NEW DELHI, PATNA, PUNE, VELLORE, VIJAYAWADA.
IMPORTANT DATES :
* Issue of Application forms : 27 April, 2012
* Last Date for receipt of duly filled Applications : 28 May, 2012
* VIT Masters Entrance Examination : 9th & 10th June, 2012
* Declaration of Result (Tentative) : 14 June, 2012
For details, visit :