PG, Nursing and Para Medical courses at AIIMS
April 30, 2012: Online Applications can be submitted till 6th May for admission to MSc / M.Biotechnology / MSc Nursing / BSc Nursing (Post-Certificate), BSc (Hons) Nursing & BSc (Hons) Para-Medical Courses for the session beginning in August-2012 at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
Eligibility : 1. MSc Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Physiology, Pharmacology and M.Biotechnology : Applicant should posses one of the following qualifications and should have secured at least 60% marks for General/OBC candidates (55% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
(a) MBBS / BDS (55% for Gen/OBC & 50% for SC/ST Categories)
(d) Bachelor of Physiotherapy (4½ year course)
(e) BSc Degree of minimum 3 years duration in any subject
Those with BTech (Biotechnology) will be eligible to apply for MBiotechnology.
2. MSc Perfusion Technology : BSc with Biology (Botany & or Zoology) or BSc in Perfusion Technology from a recognised University.
3. MSc Nuclear Medicine Technology : BSc in Nuclear Medicine from a recognised University or BSc Degree with Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics from a recognised University or BSc in allied / related subject such as Radio Diagnosis / Radiotherapy from a recognised University or BSc in Life Sciences with Physics as a subject from recognised University.
4. MSc Nursing : (i) BSc (Hons.) Nursing / BSc Nursing (Post-Certificate) / Post-Basic / BSc Nursing (4years) course from any recognised University, from an educational institution recognised by the Indian Nursing Council, with 60% marks for Gen/OBC candidates (55% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) (ii) Registration as Nurse, RN, RM (Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife) with any State Nursing Council.
For MSc / M.Biotechnology and MSc Nursing Courses), those who are due to appear for the qualifying examination, or have already appeared and are awaiting result, can also apply for admission. But such candidate must furnish proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite percentage of marks and subjects within 5 days from the date of declaration of results of Entrance Examination failing which their performance at the Entrance Examination will not be considered. For Nursing, all such candidates can submit certificate of Registration as a Nurse and Midwife from the Indian Nursing Council / State Nursing Council at the time of joining, if they are selected.
5. BSc (Hons) Nursing & BSc (Hons) Para-Medical Courses : Applicant should be an Indian citizen and should attain the age of 17 on 31st December, 2012. Applicant should have passed 12th Class under the 10+2 scheme / Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination from a recognised University / Board of any Indian State with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Applicants for BSc (Hons) Para-Medical Courses should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology or Mathematics.
Only female candidates are eligible For BSc (Hons) Nursing course. Those who are to appear in 12th Class examination under 10+2 system or an equivalent examination in March/April 2012 and whose results are likely to be declared before 1st July, 2012 are also eligible to apply for BSc (Hons) Nursing and BSc (Hons) Para-Medical Courses.
For BSc (Hons) Nursing, applicant should have obtained 55% marks in 10+2 examination for Gen/OBC (50% in case of SC/ST categories) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. For BSc (Hons) Para-Medical Courses, marks in 10+2 should be 50% for Gen/OBC (45% in case of SC/ST Categories) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology OR Mathematics.
Those who are due to appear for the qualifying examination, or have already appeared and are awaiting result can also apply for admission. But such candidates must furnish proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite percentage of marks and subjects within 5 days from the date of declaration of results of Entrance examination failing which their performance at the Entrance Examination will not be considered.
6. BSc Nursing (Post-Certificate) : Applicants must have passed 12th Class under 10+2 system of education or an equivalent examination from a recognised Board / University. (Those who have passed 10+1 on or before 1986 are also eligible) and should have obtained a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and be an "A" Grade Nurse, registered with State Nurses Registration Council. In case of male nurse, he should have obtained a certificate in General Nursing and, instead of training in Midwifery, training in any two subjects out of the following (a) Venereal Disease Nursing (b) Tuberculosis Nursing (c) Ophthalmic Nursing (d) Psychiatric Nursing (e) Operation Theatre Techniques for a period of three months in each. He/She should be an "A' Grade Nurse registered with the State Nurses Registration Council. Applicant should have worked for a minimum period of three years as a Staff Nurse in a recognized hospital or as a Public Health Nurse, after obtaining the above mentioned certificate. The 3 years experience must be completed on or before the last date prescribed for submission of completed applications.
Duration : MSc / M.Biotech / MSc Nursing and BSc Nursing (Post Certificate) Courses are of 2 years duration. BSc (Hons) Paramedical course is of 3 years duration while BSc (Hons) Nursing course extends to 4 years.
Selection : There shall be a uniform minimum cut-off of 50% marks (for all PG Courses) in the competitive entrance test as a condition of eligibility for all candidates.
1. MSc / M.Biotechnology Courses : Admission will be made entirely on the basis of performance of candidates at the Entrance Examination to be conducted in Delhi. For MSc courses, the Entrance Examination will be held on 7.7.2012 (Saturday) and that of M.Biotechnology on 14.07.2012 (Saturday). The question paper for Entrance Examination for MSc / M.Biotechnology courses will be of 90 minutes duration consisting of 90 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) carrying 90 marks in the subject in which the candidates has applied.
2. MSc Nursing Courses : The Entrance Examination for admission to MSc Nursing course will be held on 23.06.2012 (Saturday). It will have a question paper of 90 minutes duration consisting of 90 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) carrying 90 marks.
3. BSc (Hons.) Nursing & BSc (Hons.) Para-Medical Courses : Admission will be based on merit and the basis of the marks secured by the candidates at the Entrance Examination to be conducted by the Institute. Entrance Examination for BSc (Hons) Nursing will be conducted on 10.06.2012 (Sunday) at Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram while that for & BSc (Hons.) Para-Medical Courses will be held at Delhi on 3.6.2012 (Sunday). The medium of Entrance Examination will be English. For BSc (Hons) Nursing, there will be one paper of 2 hours duration and consisting of four parts containing objective type (Multiple Choice) Questions, with questions worth 30 marks each from Physics, Chemistry and Biology and 10 marks from General Knowledge.
For the Entrance Examination for admission to BSc (Hons) Para-Medical courses, there will be one paper of 1½ hours duration and consisting of objective type (Multiple Choice) questions in four parts of 30 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. Candidate may either attempt either the Biology part or Mathematics part.
4. BSc Nursing (Post-Certificate) : The Entrance Examination will be held at Delhi on 16.6.2012 (Saturday) and the medium of the test will be English. The selection of candidates will be made on a 2-stage performance evaluation with the first stage being the Written Test of 90 minutes duration and consisting of one paper containing 70 objective type (Multiple Choice) questions in the subjects of fundamentals of Nursing, Medical Surgical Nursing including Anatomy, Physiology & Pharmacology, Obstetrics Nursing and Midwifery, Paediatric Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing and Professional Trends in Nursing. Stage 2 is the Personal interview. On the basis of the merit list and marks secured in Stage-I, candidates, three times the number of seats will be invited for Personal Assessment by a Selection Committee. Marks in Personal assessment will be awarded out of 30. Details are available in the Prospectus available at : http://nursing.aiimsexams.org/studentlogin.aspx#.
Application: Application can be registered / submitted online at: www.aiimsexams.org till 6.5.2012.
Fees : Online Application Fee is Rs.1000/ for General / OBC Category and Rs.800/- for SC/ST Category + Transaction Charges as applicable. Payment may be made through Computer generated Challan Form in any branch of State Bank of India. Candidates are required to bring AIIMS copy of Challan Form at the time of Entrance Examination along with Admit Card and handover the same to the Invigilator failing which their candidature will not be considered.
For Post-Graduate Courses, a candidate is allowed to submit application for one course only. For Under Graduate Courses, only one application is required to be submitted for admission to Para-Medical courses, which will be considered for admission to the two Para-Medical courses, BSc (Hons) Ophthalmic Techniques and BSc (Hons) Medical Technology in Radiography.
After selecting the online registration, applicant should fill the details asked for, step by step and deposit the prescribed fee in the designated Bank through a Challan. No candidate should register more than one application.
Details related to Reservation, Fee structure, etc. are available in the Prospectus that can be downloaded from : http://nursing.aiimsexams.org/studentlogin.aspx#