BDS at JSS Uty: Apply by June 15
Kochi, April 30, 2012: Applications have been invited by JSS University, Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagara, Mysore for admission to BDS Course of Academic Year 2012-13.
Requisite Qualification for admission to BDS Course :
(1) Candidates seeking admission to any of these courses should have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination 10+2 / PUC II / HSC or the Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE) or any other examination equivalent to 10+2/ HSC examination of any recognized Board / University from any School / Colleges in India / Abroad after 12 years of study. The last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject.
(2) General Merit Candidates should have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together and should have also passed in English language in the qualifying examinations i.e. PUC II / 10+2 / HSC or equivalent. As per the Dental Council of India (DCI) norms the candidates must have passed these subjects individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks taken together in PCB, Further must secure not less than 50% marks in PCB in the Common Entrance Test (JSS University Entrance Test - 2012).
(3) SC, ST, OBC and CAT – I Candidates of Karnataka should have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained at least 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology taken together and should have also passed in English language in the qualifying examinations i.e. PUC II / 10+2 / HSC or equivalent. As per the Dental Council of India (DCI) norms, the candidates must have passed these subjects individually and must have obtained a minimum of 40% of marks taken together in PCB. Candidates must secure not less than 40% marks in PCB in the Common Entrance Test (JSS University Entrance Test - 2012).
(4) Age : Candidates should complete 17 years of age on or before 31st December 2012 for admission to BDS programme.
Application Forms :
Candidates are required to download the prescribed application form from : www.jssuni.edu.in
The duly filled application should be accompanied by a DD for Rs. 1,000/- drawn in favour of "JSS UNIVERSITY FEE ACCOUNT , Mysore" payable at Mysore.
Candidates can also obtain the application form along with the Brochure by sending a application fee of Rs. 200/- by way of DD favouring JSS UNIVERSITY FEE ACCOUNT, MYSORE , payable at Mysore. The duly filled application form should be sent to the University along with the documents listed below and a DD for Rs. 1,000/- favouring JSS UNIVERSITY FEE ACCOUNT, MYSORE, payable at Mysore.
Attested copies of the following documents have to be enclosed along with the application form and must be arranged in the following order :
1. SSLC / Equivalent examination marks card.
2. PUC / 10+2 / Equivalent examination marks card.
3. Conduct / Character and Transfer certificate issued by the college last studied.
4. Date of Birth certificate if not mentioned in the SSLC / Equivalent examination marks card.
5. Caste / Community certificate. (The certificate issued by competent authority for candidates claiming lower eligibility under SC / ST / Category – I / OBC categories.
6. Transfer certificate for Karnataka Board candidates.
7. Migration Certificate issued by the Board / University (Candidates other than Karnataka Board)
8. Six recent, identical passport-size colour photographs with name and date. ( In addition one copy of the photo should be pasted on the application form in the space provided).
9. Three self-addressed A4 size envelopes.
10. Foreign Nationals seeking admission should obtain eligibility certificate issued by JSS University, Mysore.
11. Processing fee of Rs. 1,000/- by way of DD favouring JSS UNIVERSITY FEE ACCOUNT, MYSORE, payable at Mysore. Candidates should write their name, address and "Application for admission to BDS courses" on the back side of the Demand Draft.
The completed application with requisite documents as detailed above along with demand draft for Rs.1000/-, should be enclosed in an envelope super-scribed "APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO BDS COURSES" and must be sent to the under mentioned so as to reach before 5:00 pm on 15.06.2012, either by speed post, courier or by hand :
JSS Medical Institutions Campus
Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagar,
Mysore – 570 015, Karnataka
* Last Date for receipt of applications at the University by post / in person : 15.06.2012
* Issue of TAT cards by the university : 29.06.2012
* Date of Entrance Test : 29.06.2012
* Announcement of test result / score : 29.06.2012
* Date of counselling : 29.06.2012
For details, logon to : http://www.jssuni.edu.in/assets/admission2012/BDS/BDS-Information-Broucher-2012.pdf