MEd through CAP at MG Uty
Kochi, May 5, 2012: Applications are invited for admission to MEd degree course offered in the affiliated colleges of teacher education under the University on self-financing basis for the year 2012-13 through Centralized Allotment Process.
The selection shall be based on the marks in the qualifying examination and the marks scored for the Entrance Test which is mandatory for all candidates. For the same reason all candidates should submit their applications online through CAP system for the Entrance Test. Candidates who opt for management quota seats can also give options in CAP if they wish to be considered for the general allotment.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION :
Academic eligibility should be satisfied as on the last date of online submission of academic data of the application. Candidates should have passed BEd degree in the subject concerned from any of the Universities in Kerala or of any other University recognised by Mahatma Gandhi University as equivalent thereto for admission with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA of 2.2.
RESERVATION OF SEATS :
Types of Reservation : Out of the total Merit Seats available in affiliated colleges for MEd Course, seats will be reserved for different constituents of the three main categories given below:
(a) Persons with Disabilities
(b) Special Reservation and
(c) Mandatory Reservation
There is only a single application form for applying for the Entrance Test and for giving options for admission to the course in various affiliated colleges. If a candidate submits more than one application, his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled. Applications have to be submitted ONLINE at : www.mgu.ac.in
Registration fee :
The registration fee (for Application and Entrance Test) will be as follows :
* General candidates : Rs.350/-
* SC/ST candidates : Rs.250/-
Candidate can submit the chalan at any of the selected branches of SBT.
Submission of Application :
There will be two stages in the submission of applications, both of which are mandatory :
a. On-line Registration of personal and academic data as well as options for courses and colleges.
b. Submission of the printout of online application after all modifications along with all necessary supporting documents must be send to the Office of Joint Registrar II (Admn), MG University, Priyadarsini Hills P.O, Kottayam - 686560. "Application for admission to MEd Programme 2012-13 through CAP" should be super-scribed on the envelope containing the filled-in application form and supporting documents.
Self attested Copies of Certificates / Documents to be submitted with the hard copy of application :
1. Copy of Certificate in proof of date of birth.
2. Copies of Certificate / Provisional Certificate and Mark lists of BEd degree examination.
3. Copies of Community and Income Certificates, if community reservation under SEBC/OEC is claimed.
4. Copy of Community Certificate for claiming reservation under SC/ST.
5. Copy of the Equivalency and Eligibility Certificate from Mahatma Gandhi University ,if applicable.
5. Copies of Post Graduate Degree Certificate and marklist, if bonus marks claimed for the same.
6. Certificate in proof of teaching experience, if bonus marks claimed for the same (to be obtained in the format included in the printout of the Application Form).
7. Copies of certificates to prove eligibility for bonus points in the category; Ex Serviceman / Ward of Ex Service man / Widow of Ex- service man
8. Copy of certificates in proof of claim for reservation under Sports or Persons with Disabilities Quotas.
Important Dates :
* Online registration : 04.05.2012 to 13.05.2012
* Remittance of Application fee at selected branches of SBT : 05.05.2012 to 14.05.2012
* Online submission of academic data, course/college options and downloading of hall tickets for entrance test : 05.05.2012 to 15.05.2012
* Last date for submission of Online Application : 15.05.2012
* Publication of candidate details for validation by applicants : 16.05.2012
* Data modifications, if any, by candidates : 16.05.2012 to 21.05.2012
* Entrance examination : 19.05.2012
* Last date for confirmation of application by candidates : 21.05.2012
* Publication of entrance examination result : 23.05.2012
* Submission of hard copy of application : 23.05.2012
* Publication of trial allotment : 31.05.2012
* Re arrangement / addition / deletion of options : 01.06.2012 to 02.06.2012
* First Allotment : 05.06.2012
* Remittance of fee due to University at designated branches of SBT : 06.06.2012 to 08.06.2012
* Reporting for admission at colleges : 06.06.2012 to 08.06.2012
* Facility for Rearrangement / deletion of options : Upto 12.06.2012
* Second allotment : 15.06.2012
* Remittance of fee due to University at designated branches of SBT (second allotment) : 16.06.2012 to 18.06.2012
* Reporting for admission at colleges (second allotment) : 16.06.2012 to 19.06.2012
* Commencement of classes : 20.06.2012
For details, visit :