Singh-Obama Post Doctoral Fellowships
Kochi, May 13, 2012: Applications have been invited by University Grants Commission, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi for Post Doctoral Fellowships under Singh-Obama 21st Century Knowledge Initiative 2012.
The objective of Post Doctoral Fellowships under Singh-Obama 21st Century Knowledge Initiative 2012 for Indian young scholars is to provide them an opportunity to have international collaborative research opportunities, training in advanced techniques and technologies in emerging fields, thereby furthering their research capacity and ability to contribute to higher education with global perspective and forging long-term relationships with distinguished experts in these fields in USA.
AREA OF WORK :
Proposal should aim to address one of the following challenges :
* Energy, especially renewable energy
* Environment, especially climate change
* Health, especially public health
* Food security
* Information security
1. Applicant should be a permanent teacher or registered for Post Doctoral Studies in a university / institution recognized by UGC under 2(f) and 12B of UGC Act.
2. Applicant should possess at least 60 per cent marks or equivalent in the post-graduate degree.
3. Applicant should possess a PhD degree in respective academic discipline (Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Science, Engineering, Technology, Agricultural Sciences) or MD / MS / PhD in Medical Sciences.
4. Applicant must provide proof of having carried out independent research work published in peer reviewed journals preferably indexed.
5. Applicant should be of age up to 40 years as on 31 December 2012.
6. Reservation will be available in accordance with the national norms.
AMOUNT OF FELLOWSHIP :
The Fellow will be entitled to fellowship amount of US $ 3000 per month. The maximum period of the fellowship would be 12 months.
Fellow will also be entitled to a one time personal contingency grant of upto a maximum of Rs. 50,000 to cover for visa, airport transfer, medical insurance etc. Medical insurance expenses, visa fee, airport transfer charges will be met by the fellow from out of this personal contingency grant.
Online applications can be submitted at : http://184.108.40.206/pdfindous/already_exist.aspx
Application should be forwarded by the head of organization / department where the candidate is employed.
Last date for Online submission of application is 11th July, 2012.
For details, logon to : http://220.127.116.11/pdfindous/Downloads/PDFINODUS_Guidlines.pdf