DNS-BSc at IMU, Chennai
Kochi, May 14, 2012: Indian Maritime University, Chennai has invited applications for admission to one year Diploma in Nautical Science course (August 2012 batch)leading to BSc degree.
Educational Qualification :
1. Pass in 10+2 examination from a recognized Board / University with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM), with not less than 55% aggregate marks in PCM. OR
BSc in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the year, with an average of not less than 50% of marks in the final year of BSc, from a recognized University provided that the candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM)
from a recognised Board. OR BE / BTech or its equivalent degree from IIT or from a college recognized by AICTE / UGC. AND
2. Should have passed in English as a separate subject with not less than 50% marks, at either 10th or 12th standard or in the Degree programme conducted by a recognized Board / University.
Age Limit :
Should not be more than 25 years and less than 17 years as on the commencement of course. The age limit is relaxable by 2 years in case of female candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
Physical and Medical Standards :
Medically fit as per the standards set by Merchant Shipping Medical Examination Rules, 2000 as amended from time to time.
6/6 in each eye without visual aids. Normal colour vision. Candidates will have to undergo a full eyesight test conducted by the Mercantile Marine Department (MMD) before being finally selected for the programme.
Unmarried (male/female) Indian citizens (limited/foreign nationals may be admitted).
Selection Procedure :
Candidates will be selected on the basis of Common Entrance Test which will be held on 17.06.2012.
Applications can be downloaded from www.imu.tn.nic.in. An amount of Rs.800/- is payable towards application for General and OBC category candidates and Rs.450/- for SC/ST candidates. Candidates can remit the amount in State Bank of India or Axis Bank or Indian Bank in the account number given in the bank challan (Refer www.imu.tn.nic.in for Challan and Bank A/c).
Completed application along with copy of the bank challan with journal number filled in by the bank may be forwarded to IMU, East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai -600 119.
Important Dates :
* Last date for application submission : 31.05.2012
* Date of Examinations : 17.06.2012
* Date of Declaration of Results : 25.06.2012 (Tentatively)
* Scheduled date for Counseling : 16 - 20th July, 2012 (Tentatively)
* Commencement of the course : 1s August, 2012
For further details, visit : http://www.imu.tn.nic.in/DEC%202011/advt.pdf