PG Programme in Financial Markets at NIFM
Kochi, May 17, 2012: National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Haryana in association with National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) Limited has invited applications for admission to Post Graduate Programme in Financial Markets (PGPFM) of the academic year 2012-13.
Private Participants / Corporate Executives :
All participants must have completed Graduation or a degree equivalent with at least 50% in aggregate from an Indian University / Institutions recognised by Association of Indian Universities. Professional Qualifications like CA, CS, CWA, CFA, MBA, etc. would have an added advantage.
Candidates in the final year of graduation may apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only. Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit their mark sheet of having passed their Bachelor's degree / equivalent qualification with at least 50 per cent marks.
The deadline for submission of the mark sheet is December 31, 2012. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
GOVERNMENT EXECUTIVES :
• Officers at middle / senior level working with the Central or State Governments, Public Enterprises and autonomous organizations belonging to State / Central Government OR
• Similar participants from foreign countries
• Minimum percentage of marks at graduation level should be 50%.
• Scoring higher percentages at higher levels such as post-graduation would not relax the minimum percentage requirement at graduation level.
• The upper age limit for all participants would be 50 years on the date of commencement of the programme.
• Sponsorship from the employer Government / Organization.
SELECTION PROCEDURE :
NIFM-NSE Online Objective Type Test will be held on 30th June and 1st July 2012. It is not mandatory for those who have already taken CAT, MAT or XAT. The online test will consist of Verbal Ability (30%), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (30%), Quantitative Aptitude (30%), General Knowledge of Financial Markets (10%).
APPLICATION PROCESS :
(i) Candidates having valid CAT / MAT / XAT score:
Candidates who have valid CAT / MAT / XAT score are not required to appear for NIFM-NSE Online Test. They can send application in prescribed form which can be downloaded from www.nifm.ac.in.
The completed application along with resume, proof of educational qualifications, work experience (if any), copy of CAT / MAT / XAT score card and a Demand Draft of Rs.900/- drawn in favour of National Institute of Financial Management; payable at New Delhi or Faridabad, be sent to National Stock Exchange of India Ltd., 4th Floor, Jeevan Vihar Building, Parliament Street, New Delhi-110 001. The envelop should be superscribed "Application for PGP-FM".
Alternatively, one can submit the application by paying Rs.900/- in cash at National Stock Exchange of India Ltd., New Delhi.
(ii) NIFM-NSE Online Test :
Candidates who do not have valid CAT / MAT / XAT score are required to appear for NIFM-NSE Online Test. The test will be conducted on 30th June or 1st July, 2012 in 12 cities : Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai. For this, candidates are required to register on the NSE website.
IMPORTANT DATES :
* Application closing date : 25 June, 2012
* NIFM-NSE Online Test : 30 June & 1 July, 2012
* Declaration of Result on website : 3 July, 2012
* Personal Interviews : 5th to 8th July, 2012
* Announcement of first list of selected candidates : 10 July, 2012
* Last date of Application submission for Government / Corporate sponsored candidates : 20 July, 2012
For details, logon to : http://www.nifm.ac.in/files/PGP_FM_Full_Time2012_12.pdf