Self Financing Courses at MG Uty
Kochi, May 30, 2012: Applications are invited by MG University, Kottayam, Kerala for admission to the following Self-Financing Courses of the Academic Year 2012-13.
Name of the School, Course, Number and Eligibility are given below :
(A) University College of Medical Education (Main Centre : 0481-2598356, 2596831) : Centres at Gandhinagar Kottayam, Puthuppally, Cheruvandoor, Pala, Manimalakkunnu, Thevara , Angamaly, Pathanamthitta and Nedumkandom.
*1. BSc Nursing : Plus Two with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry , Biology and English put together.
*2. BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy) : Plus Two with50% marks in Biology separately &50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together.
*3. BSc MLT (Medical Laboratory Technology) : (i) Plus Two with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry , Biology and English put together (ii)Candidates who passed the BSc degree (3 yr course) exam with Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany or Biochemistry as main and any one or two of the above subjects as subsidiaries, with 50% marks for main and subsidiaries taken together,subject to the condition that they have passed plus 2 exam, with Physics , Chemistry & Biology as optional subjects.Such students are exempted from 50% marks in +2.
4. BSc Medical Microbiology
5. BSc MRT (Medical Radiological Technology)
Eligibility for courses 4 & 5 : Pre-Degree or Plus Two with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (50% marks) 6. Post Basic BSc Degree in Nursing (2 years) : Pre-Degree or Plus Two with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 3 year Diploma in Nursing (RNRM) approved by the INC and KNC and one year experience after registration in Nursing. Weightage of marks will be given for approved professional experience.
*7. B.Pharm (4 years) : Pre-Degree or Plus Two with 50% marks in Biology or Mathematics / Biotechnology /Comp.Science
separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Mathematics / Biotechnology / Comp. Science put together. Lateral entry to second year - D.Pharm approved by AICTE and Pharmacy Council of India. 50% marks in D.Pharm ER 91 scheme.
*8. MSc Nursing (i) Obstetrics & Gynaecological Nursing (ii) Medical Surgical (iii) Community Health (iv) Child Health (v) Mental Health (2 years) : Minimum 55% aggregate marks in regular BSc Nursing of MG University or equivalent degree from an Institution / University recognized by INC/KNC and registered with KNC and should have one year work experience. Selection based on marks obtained in the rank list of Entrance exam conducted by CEE.
9. MPT (Master of Physiotherapy) (4 Semesters) : BPT with 50% marks.
10. MSc Medical Anatomy (3 years) - Second class BSc Degree in Zoology or any of the following Para Medical Sciences :
BSc Nursing, BSc Medical Microbiology, BMRT, BPT and BSc MLT. 10% Weightage will be given to Post Graduate qualification like MSc Zoology, BEd Natural Science etc. 2 seats are reserved for Medical Graduates (MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS). In case of absence of such candidates the seats will be allotted to general merit candidates.
11. MSc Medical Bio-Chemistry (6 semesters) : Any one of the following degrees with atleast 50% marks in the science subjects. (a) BSc in Medical Biochemistrty / MedicalLaboratoryTechnology / MedicalMicrobiology / MedicalGenetics (b) BSc in Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Microbiology / Genetics / Bioinformatics (c) BSc in
Zoology / Botany with Biochemistry / Chemistry as a subsidiary (d) BSc in Chemistry with Biological sciences at the Plus Two level (e) any other Bachelor Degree in Biomedical sciences / Health sciences / Life Sciences with Bio chemistry as one of the subjects (f) any other Degree approved as equivalent thereto by Mahatma Gandhi University.
12. M.Applied Science (Medical Documentation) (4 Semesters) : Any Degree with 50% marks in optionals.
13. M.Applied Science (Bio-Medical Instrumentation) (4 Semesters) : BSc in Maths / Physics / Computer Science / Computer Application / Electronics as Main or Subsidiary / BMRT ( 50% marks).
14. MSc (Medical Microbiology) (2 years) : 4 year BSc Medical Microbiology with 50% marks.
15. MHA (Master of Hospital Administration) (4 Semesters) : Any Degree with 50% marks or Post Graduation.
16. MPH (Master of Public Health) (4 Semesters) : Any Degree with 50% marks or Post Graduation.
17. M.Pharm (i) Pharmaceutics (ii) Pharmacognosy (iii) Pharmacology (iv) Pharmaceutical Chemistry (4 Semesters) : B.Pharm Degree of MG University or recognized as equivalent, with not less than 60% marks for all the four years of B.Pharm Exam taken together from an institution recognized by AICTE, New Delhi and Pharmacy Council of India.
[* For courses 1,2,3 , 7& 8 admission to the 50% seats will be from the rank list prepared by UCME based on the marks
of the qualifying examination. Allotment to the 50% seats will be made from the Government list]
(B) University College of Applied Sciences (Main Office 0481-2392928) : Centres at Kottayam, Pathanamthitta and Ernakulam
18. BSc Computer Science.
19. BSc Electronics with Computer Hardware.
(Admission to courses 18&19 will be through CAP). Application now invited for NRI seats only.
20. MSc Computer Science (4 semesters) : BSc degree in Maths / Computer Science / Electronics as one of the subjects (main
or sub) Or BCA/B Tech degree with not less than 55% marks in Optional subjects
21. MCA (Master of Computer Applications) (6 Semesters) : A pass in any recognized degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with Maths in 10+2 level or a pass in any recognized bachelors degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with Maths / Statistics as one of the subjects or a pass in BCA degree of minimum 3 years duration from a recognized University.
22. MSc ITCC (Information Technology & Computer Communication) (4 Semesters) : BSc IT / BCA / BSc Degree with Maths / Computer Science / Statistics as one of the subject with 55% marks. 5% marks will be derated for every additional chance. Those who have passed in more than three chances are not eligible.
23. MSc Applied Electronics (4 Semesters) : BSc Degree in Electronics / Computer Science / Physics with 50% marks excluding languages.
24. MSc Computer Engineering and Network Technology (4 Semesters) : BSc Degree with Maths / Statistics / Computer Science as one of the subjects or BSc IT / BTech / BCA / BSc (Computer / Electronics) degree with 50% marks.
(C) University College of Engineering, Thodupuzha (04862-256222, 2535753) : Admission for BTech courses conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Exams, Government of Kerala.
25. MTech Applied Electronics (4 semesters) : BTech degree in Electronics Engg. / Electronics & Comm. Engg. / Applied Electronics Engg. / Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engg. / Electronics & Instrumentation Engg. / Electrical & Electronics Engg. with minimum 60% aggregate marks or equivalent.
(D) Department of Communication and Journalism (Centre at University Campus ; Ph: 0481-2732570)
26. MCJ (Master of Communication and Journalism - 4 Semesters) : 45% marks in any degree.
(E) Department of Library and Information Sciences (Centre at University Campus - Ph: 0481-2732948).
27. BLISc. (Bachelor of Library and Information Science - 2 Semesters) : 45% marks in any degree.
28. MLISc. (Master of Library and Information Science - 2 Semesters) : 45% marks for BLISc.
(F) University College of Applied Life Sciences, Pathanamthitta ( Ph: 0468-2323957)
29. MSc Fishery Biology and Aquaculture (4 Semesters) : Degree in Zoology / Botany / Chemistry with Zoology as a Subsidiary subject or BFSc or BSc Aquaculture or any other equivalent degree with 55% marks in the optional subjects.
30. MPhil Fishery Biology and Aquaculture : MSc Degree in Fishery Biology and Aquaculture / Aquatic Biology and Fisheries / Zoology / Fishery Science / Aquaculture / Industrial Fisheries with 55 % marks.
To all courses selection is based on merit. All admissions shall be based on merit either solely based on the marks of the qualifying examination, or taking into account the score obtained in the entrance test or both. The University will conduct an entrance test for courses 21, 23, 24 ,25,26,27,29 and 30. NRI Quota is available for courses under UCME&
UCAS.Only the courses or their equivalents approved by Mahatma Gandhi University shall be reckoned as eligible qualification. Percentage of marks given is the minimum marks required for Part III Optional Subjects, if not otherwise mentioned. Those who are awaiting the results of the qualifying examinations can also apply. Reservation, Concession based
on income and community will be allowed according to the rules of the University / Government.
The application and prospectus of self financing admission 2012-13 are available at : www.mgu.ac.in
Applicants have to remit Rs.400/- as Registration Fee (for SC/ST candidates Rs.200/-) which enable the aspirant to apply for a maximum of 3 courses in a School. The fee has to be remitted by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, MG University, Priyadarsini Hills P.O., Athirampuzha, Kottayam payable at SBT, MG University Campus branch.
DATES TO REMEMBER :
(i) Application forms will be available from : 1.06.2012
(ii) Last date for receipt of filled-in applications for UG courses at UCME & UCAS : 16.06.2012
(iii) Last date for receipt of filled-in applications for PG courses : 30.07.2012
(iv) Last date for receipt of filled-in applications for courses under DLIS & UCALS : 30.07.2012
(v) Last date for receipt of filled-in applications for MTech (AE) course at UCE : 30.07.2012
For further details, logon to : http://www.mgu.ac.in/files/Admission%20notification_2012-2013_-with%20changes%20upload.pdf