MBBS / BDS in KCPCMF Member Colleges
Kochi, June 2, 2012: Kerala Christian Professional College Managements’ Federation, Kerala has invited applications for admission to MBBS and BDS Courses of Acadedmic Year 2012-13 in their Member Colleges as follows:
1. Amala Institute of Medical Sciences, Amala Nagar, Thrissur, Pin-680555, Tel. No.0487-2304000.
2. Jubilee Mission Medical College and Research Institute, Thrissur, Pin-680005, Tel. No.0487-2421885.
3. Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church Medical College, Kolencherry, Ernakulam, Pin-682311, Tel. No.0484-3055555.
4. Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Thiruvalla, Pin-689101, Tel. No.0469-2600019.
Pushpagiri College of Dental Sciences, Pushpagiri Medicity, Perumthuruthy P.O., Tiruvalla-689107, Tel.No.0469-2645282.
CRITERIA OF ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION :
Nationality : Candidates must be Citizens of India / children or dependents of Non Resident Indians.
Academic : As per the Dental Council of India - BDS Course Regulation 2007 and the MCI Regulations on Graduate Medical Education, 1997, section 4 (2) the applicant should have passed the qualifying examinations as under:
(a) The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education.
Note: Where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year pre-professional training before admission to the Medical colleges. OR
(b) The Intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
(c) The pre-professional / pre-medicai examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the pre-university or an equivalent examination. The pre-professional/premedical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry & Biology and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
(d) The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized university, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects provided the examination is a "University Examination" and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course. OR
(e) BSc examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the BSc examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. OR
(f) Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English.
Separate application forms for MBBS & BDS can be obtained from :
(a) Any of the five member colleges on payment of Rs. 1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) by Demand Draft drawn in favour of the 'Kerala Christian Professional College Managements' Federation1 (KCPCMF) payable at Ernakulam.
(b) Prospectus and application forms are also available from the following branches of The South Indian Bank Ltd. :
* Ernakulam : M.G. Road Branch -XXXIX/2018 & 19, M.G. Road, Ernakulam, Pin-682 016.
* Kottayam : Kottyam Main Branch - 275/IX, Catholic Centre, Centre Junction, K.K. Road, Pin-686 001.
* Trichur : M.G. Road Branch - Ambika Arcade, M.G. Road, Trichur, Pin-680 001.
* Thiruvananthapuram : Chalai Branch - Sivakami Building, Power House road, Thiruvananthapuram.
* Kollam : Kollam Branch - Bishop Jerome Nagar Complex, Chinnakada, Kollam.
* Alapuzha : Alapuzha Branch -SD Pharmacy Bldg., Nr. Municipal Town Hall, Alapuzha.
* Pathanamthitta : Pathanamthitta Branch -XII/119 (2), Therakathu Bldg, College Rd., Pathanamthitta.
* Idukki : Thodupuzha Branch - Door No. 409/8, "Plaze Pulimoottil", Pala Rd., Thodupuzha.
* Malapuram : Malapuram Branch -1 st Floor, New Mimical Shopping Complex, Down Hill, Malapuram.
* Wayanad : Kalpetta Branch - Door No.6, Ward No. 18, De Paul School Building, Kalpetta.
* Palakkad : Palakkad Branch - Door No. 12/858(10), Ward No.XVIII, Joby's Mall, G.P Rd., Palakkad.
* Kozhikode : Kozhikode Mavoor Branch - 5/3410 H4, Galleria Trade Centre, Near Markaz Complex.
* Kannur : Kannur Branch -1 st Floor, Swadeshi Shopping Complex Bank Road, Kannur.
* Kasargode : Kasargode Branch - KMC/I 11/183-B-62, Golden Arcade Complex, Nr. New Municipal Bus Stand.
* Kanyakumari : Nagarcoil Br., 1 st Floor, Xavier Bldg., Assissi Campus, PWD Office Road, Nagarcoil, Pin-629 001.
* Mumbai : Bandra Branch -266, Linking Road, Bandra (West), Mumbai.
* Kolkatta : Kolkotta Braborune Branch - Vaishno Chambers, 6, Brabourne Road, Kolkatta.
* New Delhi : New Delhi Karol Bagh Branch -16A-17, Ajmalkhan Rd., Karol Bagh, New Delhi.
* Chennai : Chennai Kellys Branch - Prince Towers, 94, Purusawlkam High Rd., Kellys, Chennai.
* Bangalore : Bangalore City Branch - No.511,1 st Floor, Kempegowda Maharaja Complex, Kempegowda Rd.
* Coimbatore : Gandhipuram Branch: CKN Bldg., Near Karpakam Bldg., 100 ft. Road, Gandhipuram-641012.
(c) Applications are available at : http://www.kcpcmf.in/Application_2012_MBBS.pdf
The completed application along with copies of required documents and a DD for Rs. 1,000/- drawn in favour of KCPCMF payable at Ernakulam shall be submitted to any one of the member colleges before 3 pm on 18 June, 2012.
(d) The application can be submitted online on the website of the Federation www.kcpcmf.in. A print out of the online application with copies of required documents affixing the photograph and signature shall be submitted along with a DD for Rs. 1,000/- drawn in favour of KCPCMF payable at Ernakulam to any one of the member colleges.
List of photocopies of Certificates / Documents attested by the gazetted officer / head of the institution where the student had studied to be submitted along with the application:
a) SSLC / I0th standard certificate in proof of the date of birth.
b) Plus Two / 12th standard certificate.
c) Mark list of qualifying examination (Plus Two).
d) Admit card of the CET conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examination of Kerala Government 2012.
e) Mark list / Score Card of the entrance examination conducted by the Commissi oner for Entrance Examination. (An extract from the website would be sufficient.)
f) Certificate of good conduct from the institution last attended.
g) In cases where the candidates claim any sort of reservations / privileges provided, for each college, documents to prove such claims as described in Annexure II & Annexure III by each college.
h) Certificate in proof of OBC/SC/ST status obtained from the Tahsildar / Village Officer / Authority concerned.
IMPORTANT DATES :
1. Issue of Application Form begins : 1 June, 2012
2. Last date for submission of applications : 18 June, 2012
3. Publication of details on the website : 25 June, 2012
4. Last date for notifying defects, if any, by candidates : 28 June, 2012
5. Publication of merit list and first allotment : 4 July, 2012
6. Commencement of admission : 9 July, 2012
7. Commencement of First MBBS / BDS classes : 1 August, 2012
For details, logon to : http://www.kcpcmf.in/MBBS_BDS_Prospectus_2012.pdf