BA / BCom Open Stream entrance at Calicut Uty
Kochi, June 7, 2012: Applications are invited for BA / BCom Open Stream Entrance Examination 2012 conducted by School of Distance Education, Calicut University.
All those who have attained the age of 18 years by the first day of July during the year of admission are eligible to apply for the entrance examination. No basic educational qualification is insisted for admission to the course through the open stream. The applicants have to appear for an entrance examination and only those who secure a minimum of 35% marks in the examination are admitted to the Degree programme.
How to apply :
Candidates desirous of joining the Degree course have to submit the application online. For access to online application, visit www.universityofcalicut.info and click the link Open Stream Entrance Examination 2012. Before filling the application form a recent passport size photograph should be scanned and kept in JPEG format. Remit the fee by chalan / DD (Outside Kerala) towards the application fee. Photo in the printout of the application should be attested by Gazetted Officer. The printout, along-with chalan / DD (Outside Kerala), attested copies of documents proving Date of Birth, Caste (if SC/ST) should be submitted to the Director, School of Distance Education in any of the manner given below and obtain study material and question bank. Candidates should keep the online Reg. No. for the purpose of downloading the Hall ticket. Candidates inside Kerala should remit the fees by way of chalan only.
1. For direct submission :
a. Office of the Director, School of Distance Education on all working days between 10 am and 5 pm.
b. Co-ordinators of study centres of School of Distance Education given below on Saturdays and Sundays.
1. WMO College, Muttil Wayanad
2. St.Joseph’s College, Devagiri, Calicut
3. Govt.Arts & Science College, Meenchanda, Kozhikkode,
4. S.N.College, Kannur
5. Govt.College, Malappuram
6. MES Keveeyem College, Valanchery
7. Sree Kerala Varma College, Thrissur
8. MES Kalladi College, Mannarkkad
9. Govt. College, Chittur
10. St.Thomas College, Thrissur
11. Govt.College, Madappally
2. By Post : Printout along-with other documents must be sent to the Director, School of Distance Education, Calicut University PO -673 635, Malappuram, Kerala. Those who submit the application by post should also enclose a self addressed stamped envelope ( 70/- for those residing in Thiruvananthapuram district and 60/- for all others) of size 30cm x 25 cm.
Registration Details :
* Last date for remittance of fee without fine : 05.07.2012
* Last date for remittance of fee with a fine of 100/- : 11.07.2012
* Last date for receipt of filled in applications at the office of SDE : 13.07.2012
* The facility of Online Registration will be available from 5.06.2012 to 11.07.2012.
Candidates abroad and outside Kerala should apply through the approved Counselling Centres. Counselling centres should forward the printout of the application in one bundle before 20 July, 2012 with documents proving age, DD etc.
Entrance Examination Fee :
* Candidates enrolled in India : 750/-
* SC / ST : 375/-
* Candidates enrolled abroad : USD 110
* Postage fee : 70/- for those residing in Thiruvananthapuram district and 60/- for all others (Only for those who submit the printout of the online application by post).
For details, logon to : www.universityofcalicut.info