PG admission at Mangalore Uty: Apply by June 23
Kochi, June 8, 2012: Applications are invited for admission to the following Post-Graduate Degree Programmes of the academic year 2012-13 (Both General and partially Self financing Scheme) :
At University Campus, Mangalagangothri :
Two years (Four Semesters) PG Degree Programmes : (Choice Based Credit System)
1. MA in Economics / English / History / Kannada / Political Science / Sociology / Master of Communication & Journalism (MCJ).
2. MSc in Applied Botany / Applied Zoology / Biosciences / Biotechnology / Chemistry / Applied Chemistry / Organic Chemistry / Industrial Chemistry / Computer Science / Electronics / Earth Science & Resource Management / Physics / Radiation Physics / Geo-informatics / Materials Science / Mathematics / Statistics /
Yogic Science / Master of Library and Information Science (MLISc).
3. MSW (Master of Social Work)
4. MBA (Tourism Administration)
5. MCom (Master of Commerce) / Master of Human Resource Development (MHRD), MCom (Sales and Marketing)
6. MPEd (Master of Physical Education)
One year (Two Semesters) degree programme :
BPEd (Bachelor of Physical Education)
One year Diploma programme :
PG Diploma in Yogic Science
Three months programme :
Certificate course in Yogic Science
One month programme :
Introductory course in Yogic Science - 1
Introductory course in Yogic Science - II
At University College, Mangalore :
Two Years (Four Semesters) PG Degree Programmes: (Choice Based Credit System)
1. MSc Chemistry
Semester System - Evening programme :
MBA (International Business)
At PG Centre, Cauvery Campus, Madikeri : Two Years (Four Semesters) PG Degree Programmes : (Choice Based Credit System)
MSc in Microbiology / Biochemistry.
At Field Marshal K.M. Cariappa College, Madikeri :
Application form with prospectus may be obtained from The Registrar, Mangalore University, New Administrative Building, Mangalagangothri-574199 or Principal, University College, Mangalore - 575001 or Principal, FMKMC College, Madikeri- 571 201" on payment of Rs.300/- (Rs.150/- for SC/ST/Category-I on production of Caste Certificate) in person or by post on payment of Rs.350/- (Rs. .200/- for SC/ ST/ Category-I) through Challan / DD in favour of the Finance Officer, Mangalore University along with a self-addressed envelope (40 X 17 c.m.) with the name of the course and the subject superscribed on the cover. The candidates who wish to apply for more than one programme (subject) shall obtain separate application form on payment of Rs.200/- (Rs.100 for SC/ST/Category-I).
Selection for the following programmes will be based on entrance test which will be held in the respective departments. Entrance test fee is Rs.300/- (Rs.150/- for SC/ST/Category-I). The details of the entrance test are stated below.
1. MBA (Tourism Administration) : 02-07-2012
2. MBA. (International Business) : 02-07-2012
3. MHRD : 03-07-2012
4. MSc Electronics : 04-07-2012
5. MCJ : 05-07-2012
6. MSc Yogic Science : 05-07-2012
7. MSc Biotechnology : 06-07-2012
8. MCom (Sales and Marketing) : 06-07-2012
9. MSc Computer Science : 06-07-2012
10. MSW : 07-07-2012
11. BPEd : 09-07-2012 & 10-07-2012
12. MPEd : 11-07-2012
Application and other details are also available at:
Downloaded applications shall be accompanied by a DD towards the prescribed fee. Filled in applications shall be sent to the Chairmen of the respective Departments of the Mangalore University on or before 23-06-2012.
For details, logon to :