DNB Super Specialty CET on Nov 21 : Apply Now
Kochi,Oct 04,2012 : National Board of Examinations (NBE) conducts postgraduate and postdoctoral examinations in approved specialties leading to the award of Diplomate of National Board. CET-SS is the Centralized Entrance Test for admission to 3 year Post Doctoral (MD/MS/DNB) super specialty Programme.
It is time to submit application for NBE examinations through online application system. All are advised to go through the information bulletin for concerned examination available at our website www.natboard.edu.in. The examination shall be conducted on 21st November 2012.
Online Registration for CET-SS : 3 October - 24 October 2012
Last date to submit Acknowledgement of online application form: 25th October 2012 submission Examination Date for CET-SS : Wednesday, 21st November 2012
Cut off date for passing qualifying : 31st December 2012 examination (MD/MS/DNB)
Registration for appearing in the CET-(SS) examination is to be undertaken online at the website www.natboard.edu.in Application forms CANNOT be submitted in offline /printed copy by post. Online applications can be accessed and completed till 23:59 hrs on 24th October 2012 only.
RECOGNITION OF DNB QUALIFICATIONS
The Nomenclature of the qualification awarded by the National Board of Examinations is -Diplomate of National Board-. The list of recognized qualifications awarded by the Board in various Broad and Super specialties as approved by the Government of India and included in the First Schedule of IMC Act 1956 is as at Annexure 1.
As per the Indian Medical Council Act 1956; the power to recognize medical qualification and determine their equivalence rests with central government. The Diplomate qualifications awarded by the National Board of Examinations are equated with the postgraduate and post doctorate degrees awarded by other Indian Universities for all purposes including appointment to teaching posts as lecture/Assistant Professor by the Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare; vide their notifications issued from time to time.
The holders of Board’s qualification awarded after an examination i.e. DNB are eligible to be considered for specialist’s post/faculty in any Hospital including a training/teaching institution on a teaching post/ as faculty member.
Diplomate National Board qualifications are well recognized and accepted globally.
1. CET-SS is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination for entry to various Super Specialty courses.
2. Applicant may kindly note that appearance in CET-SS does not confer any automatic rights to score a seat in NBE accredited hospital /institute.
3 Online Registration for the examination must be completed by 23rd October 2012 (by 23:59hrs).
4. Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations conducted by NBE.
5. Candidates should go through the bulletin carefully for eligibility criteria, scheme, pattern of examination etc before contacting the NBE for any queries. Queries pertaining to eligibility and other issues will only be entertained if the information requested is not given in bulletin or on website www.natboard.edu.in
6. Incomplete applications or applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee will not be refunded in such cases.
7. Fee will neither be carried forward to a future date nor refunded under any circumstances. Online applications and/or their acknowledgment of submission received after the due date will not be entertained and exam fee will not be returned in such cases. Application once submitted cannot be withdrawn.
8. Instructions in the information-bulletin are liable to changes based on decisions taken by the NBE from time to time. There is no equity or any rights that are /or deemed to be arising in favor of candidate.
9. NBE reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the CET-SS even though the admit card/roll number has been issued or name/roll number is displayed on the website of the Board.
10. Candidates' eligibility is purely provisional & is subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria as prescribed by the NBE.
11. The existing schedule, pattern, policy and guidelines are for ready reference only but in no way they are or are ought to be treated as representative or acknowledgment of fact that NBE is bound to follow the same in future.
12. In case of any ambiguity in interpretation of any of the instructions/ terms/rules/criteria regarding the determination of eligibility/conduct of examinations/registration of candidates/information contained herein, the interpretation of theNationalBoard of Examinations will be final and binding.
Candidates should ensure before applying for the registration that their MBBS and MS/MD degree is recognized as per provisions of Indian Medical Council Act. If it is found at any time that MBBS and MS/MD degree is not recognized, the candidature/result shall be cancelled/ deemed to be cancelled.
Candidates are advised to look into www.natboard.edu.in regularly for various information and notices pertaining to CET-SS examination.
A Practice Test is available for the benefit of candidates to familiarize themselves with the Computer Based Test format at website www.natboard.edu.in . Applicants will be able to access the practice test in October 2012 upon entering their testing ID (issued at the end of registration process).
Candidates kindly note that by registering for the CET-SS, they are covered by Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA); as per NDA candidates cannot disclose any question or contents of question paper in part or otherwise with any person or party or website or such other media/publication. Any act in breach of the NDA shall be liable for penal action as per law, kindly note that this is a punishable offence and shall lead to cancellation of candidature at the bare threshold.
The candidate is deemed to have read, agreed and accepted the Information Bulletin and the terms and conditions in the information bulletin for CET-SS on completing the registration form the candidate
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CET-SS
Candidates who are in possession of post graduate medical degrees/Provisional Pass Certificates by 31st December 2012 in eligible* specialties and their medical qualifications are recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 or DNB qualifications may apply for CET (SS) through online application.
Candidate should possess permanent registration certificate of MBBS qualification and their additional medical qualification should be registrable with Medical council of India.
Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of CET-SS will not be permitted to appear in the examination. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the CET-SS, the results/candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
Amount CET-SS Exam Rs. 4250/The above fee is inclusive of examination fees and information bulletin; Information Bulletin shall be available at website for information.
How to pay : Exam fees can be deposited in CASH along with prescribed Challan/Pay-in- Slip at:
All Branches of INDIAN BANK 2. All Branches of AXIS BANK The list of branches of Axis Bank and Indian Bank can be seen at their website www.axisbank.com , www.indianbank.in respectively. Kindly note that separate challan/pay-in-slip is to be used for each type of payment Banks are permitted to levy transaction charges for the above as follows: Indian Bank -Rs. 30/- per Challan Axis Bank -Rs. 70/- per Challan Fees by any other means than specified above shall not be accepted & application form of such candidates shall be returned.
CET - SS is an entrance examination and is an essential pre-requisite for entry to post MD/MS/DNB 3-year Super Specialty courses. The next session of entrance examination shall be held on 21st November 2012 and conducted as computer-based test only. The test comprises 180 multiple choice, single correct response questions in English language only.
Candidates successful in the CET-SS shall be asked to participate in a Centralized merit based counseling conducted by National Board of Examinations for allotment of DNB seats at NBE accredited Institutions/hospitals/medical colleges in order of their merit and candidate shall be able to opt for the NBE accredited institution/hospital/medical college of their choice as per availability at their merit.
The provisional list of National Board of Examinations accredited institutes where candidates can pursue DNB is available at NBE website www.natboard.edu.in
The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computer network as per scheme prescribed.
Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
Syllabus: As per the curriculum of the concerned specialty i.e. MD/DNB in Medicine for Medical Super Specialty; MS/DNB in Surgery for Surgical Group; MD/DNB in Pediatrics for Neonatology group.
SCHEDULE OF EXAMINATION
The examination shall be conducted on 21st November 2012.
At the end of Registration and Scheduling process the applicant will get a computer generated acknowledgement, this acknowledgment shall also be sent at the registered e-mail ID of the applicant. Candidate is required to affix a latest passport size photograph of the following specifications on this acknowledgement. Candidate is required to send this acknowledgment slip with his/her photograph affixed to National Board of Examination latest by 25th October 2012.
Specifications for Photograph
* A photograph of minimum 35x45 mm with at least 75% coverage of face & head of the candidate. * A caption indicating name of candidate and date of taking photograph should be there at the bottom of photo. * Photograph should be taken in a white /very light colored background. * The photograph needs to display full front view of the face. Please look directly into the camera with a neutral expression. * Please avoid photograph with reflection or shadow on the face with red eyes. * The photograph needs to be printed on a high quality paper with at least 600 dpi resolutions. * The colours must possess the natural appearance and skin tone. * The photograph must not have kinks, scratches and stains.
Get this photo attested by a Gazetted officer of Central/State Govt. with stamp and signature of the attesting officer on photo and admit card.
Admit cards shall be sent to applicant candidates by speed post/courier at the correspondence address of the candidate provided by him/her in the online application form. Candidate is required to affix his/her photograph with specification as mentioned above on admit card. Admit card can also be downloaded from NBE website www.natboard.edu.in Candidates may note that they have to report by the time as indicated in the admit card.
A practice test to provide candidates with the feel and functionality of the actual test shall be available on website www.natboard.edu.in . Candidates registered for CET-SS can undertake the practice test prior to the actual test window. Candidates are advised to go through the practice test carefully to familiarize themselves with the screens, layout and navigation.
CENTRES FOR CET-SS
The list of cities where Examination centres are located is as under:
1 Bangaluru 2 Chennai 3 Delhi & NCR 4 Kolkata 5 Hyderabad 6 Mumbai
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION & SCHEDULING
The online registration website for CET-SS is available via www.natboard.edu.in. Candidate may note that there is no option for submitting the form other than the online mode. Once the candidate has completed his/her registration, there will be no option to modify. Online registration must be completed by the prescribed cutoff date (see "Important Dates" section above). You will be able to print the acknowledgment of submission of online application on successful completion of online application. All fields marked * are mandatory.
Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated information will not be considered and candidates may be further debarred from appearing in any future examinations.
The Testing Process
CET-SS is on a computer at the test centre selected during the Scheduling part of the online registration process. Candidate need not have any computer experience or typing skill to take your test. CET-SS examination will begin with a short tutorial on the test and its features.
Candidate must arrive one (1) hour before your scheduled appointment. This allows time for you to sign in and for staff to verify your identification and documentation.
Candidate will need to bring the following items with you to the test centre:
1. Admit Card. You must bring your Admit Card with you to the test centre. You will not be allowed to test without it. Please paste your recent photograph on the Admit Card and get it attested by a gazetted officer. 2. Required Identification. You must present an original, valid (non-expired) form of photo identification before you can test. The name on the photo identification must match your name as entered in the CET-SS registration. Acceptable forms of photo identification are limited to: Passport, PAN Card, Voter’s ID, Driving License, Aadhar Card or MCI / State Medical Council registration certificate bearing the candidate’s photograph. Expired or Photocopies of the original are not acceptable. Note: If you do not present appropriate photo identification, you will not be allowed to take the CET (SS).
QUALIFYING CRITERIA Candidates who obtain minimum 50% marks shall be declared as "Qualified" in CET-SS and issued a PASS /QUALIFYING Certificate.
VALIDITY OF CET RESULT The validity of the result of the CET-SS shall be only for the current admission session i.e. January 2013 admission session only and cannot be carried forward for the next session of CET- SS.
DECLARATION OF RESULT
The results for CET -SS shall be declared by 10th January 2013. The mark sheet-cum-result certificate for the CET-SS examination can be downloaded fromNBE website www.natboard.edu.in after the declaration of result.
CENTRALIZED MERIT BASED COUNSELING
ELIGIBILITY FOR COUNSELING : Candidates who qualify the Centralized Entrance Test (CET-SS) to be conducted by NBE in Nov 2012 and fulfill the eligibility criteria for admission to DNB post doctoral courses (2013 admission session) at various NBE accredited Medical Colleges/ Institutions/ Hospitals in India shall participate in the counseling for allocation of seats on merit cum choice basis.
Candidate pursuing any other post doctoral medical course (DNB, DM/MCh) can join a DNB seat only after they resign from such course. Seat allotment letter to such candidates shall be issued by NBE (within the calendar of admission) only if the candidates has been relieved and discharged from the institution/ University from where they are under going such post graduate medical course.
SCHEDULE FOR COUNSELING: The schedule of CET(SS)- Centralized counselling shall be made available on NBE website www.natboard.edu.in
Group Specific Merit list of eligible candidates shall be notified on NBE website www.natboard.edu.in .
Candidates will be able to download their Rank letter for participation from NBE website after the merit list is notified.
AVAILABILITY OF SEATS: The indicative seat matrix for DNB (Post Doctoral) seats shall be uploaded on NBE website. Final Seat matrix shall be displayed at the counseling venue before counseling.
COUNSELING FEE: Candidates are required to deposit a counseling fee of Rs. 2000/- through demand draft in favour of National Board of Examinations, payable at New Delhi, on the day of counseling at counseling venue itself. The counseling fee is non refundable under any circumstance.
LIST OF PRESCRIBED DOCUMENTS Candidates have to bring the following documents IN ORIGINAL. Candidates are required to bring self-certified photocopies of the documents mentioned at S.No. (a) to (h). Self Certified photocopies have to be submitted to NBE at the time of documents verification:
a. Rank Letter downloaded from NBE website www.natboard.edu.in b. CET(SS) Pass Certificate (Nov 2012) downloaded from NBE website www.natboard.edu.in c. MBBS Degree certificate. d. DNB, MD/MS Degree certificate/Provisional Pass Certificate* e. Permanent Registration certificate issued by MCI/State Medical Council for registration of MBBS qualification. f. Matriculation/High School/Higher Secondary Certificate as a proof of Date of Birth. g. Any document (Bonafide certificate/Mark sheet/Attempt Certificate etc issued by concerned institution/medical college) confirming the name of the institution/medical college from where the MD/MS qualification was pursued. h. Any other relevant certificate or document. *Provisional certificate of passing DNB, MD/MS Qualification is permissible only for those candidates who had passed the DNB, MD/MS Qualification in the year 2011.
If the candidate has passed DNB, MD/MS qualification before 2011 and the DNB, MD/MS degree certificate has not been issued to him/her so far by the concerned university/Board, documentary evidence to this effect in form of a letter from competent authority of respective university/Board is to be furnished at the time of counseling.
Candidate Care Helpline Number (From Monday to Friday from 0900 Hrs to 1700 Hrs) 0124-4517187 E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Official Website www.natboard.edu.in
List of Super Specialty programmes with eligible Qualifications
1. Cardiology MD/ DNB in General Medicine or Paediatrics
2. Gastroenterology MD/DNB in General Medicine or Paediatrics
3. Nephrology MD/DNB in General Medicine or Paediatrics
4. Endocrinology MD/DNB in General Medicine or Paediatrics
5. Neurology MD/DNB in General Medicine or Paediatrics
6. Medical Oncology MD/DNB in General Medicine or Paediatrics
7. Haematology MD/DNB in General Medicine on Pathology
8. Rheumatology MD/DNB in General Medicine of Paediatrics
9. Cardio Thoracic Surgery MS/DNB in General Surgery
10. Paediatrics Surgery MS/DNB in General Surgery
11. Genito Urinary Surgery (Urology) MS/DNB in General Surgery
12. Neurosurgery MS/DNB in General Surgery
13. Plastic Sugery MS/DNB in General Surgery
14. Surgical Gastroenterology MS/DNB in General Surgery
15. Surgical Oncology MS/DNB in General Surgery
16. Peripheral Vasular Surgery MS/DNB in General Surgery
17. Neonatology MD/DNB in Paediatrics.