Ph.D at C-MMACS, Bangalore
Kochi,Oct 07,2012 : CSIR Centre for Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation (C-MMACS), Bangalore has invited applictions for admission to PhD Programme of January 2013 session under AcSIR.
Research Areas at CSIR C-MMACS: 1) High Performance Computing and Cyber security • Cryptography and secure communication • Cryptanalysis • Cyber security and ethical hacking • Denial-of-Service attacks • Parallel algorithms and Programming • Data Mining • Cloud Computing
2) Solid Earth Modelling Programme: • Crustal Deformation • Modelling of GNSS signal propagation delays • Earthquake hazard assessment • Site effects and and microzonation • Lithosphere modelling
3) Climate and Environmental Modelling Programme: • Climate Simulation • Monsoon Simulation • Cyclone Simulation • Extreme Events • Process models • Algorithms
4) Carbon Cycle and Ocean Modelling Programme: • Corbon cycle modelling and measurements for climate change mitigation • Ocean biogeochemical modelling
5) Multiscale Modeling and Simulation Programme: • Global CRM Simulation of Diurnal Variation • High Performance Computing for Meteorological Applications • Multiple time and spatial scale phenomena (e.g. aerosol-cloud interaction)
6) Computational Mechanics: • Computational nano-mechanics • Finite element modelling • Numerical algorithms • Optimization and visualization • Low Reynolds number fluid mechanics
Eligibility criteria: Ph.D. in Engineering: A Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology with exceptionally good academic record or a Master’s degree in Sciences with a valid GATE score with UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or valid CSIR-SRF or equivalent fellowship.
Ph.D. in Science: Master’s degree in Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Geophysics, Meteorology, Atmospheric Sciences, Oceanography, Geoinformatics and Environmental Sciences with a good academic record with valid UGC/CSIR NET/ NBHM /DBT/ INSPIRE or equivalent fellowship or having relevant research experience Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy is eligible with a good academic record or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent qualification in the relevant area tenable for the year of registration.
Those in the final year of their qualifying examination and awaiting results are also eligible to apply. However, they should have completed all the requirements for the award of their qualifying degree, including all examinations, dissertation projects, viva-voce, etc., by the time of joining.
Applications: Interested candidates should apply online using URL (http://acsir.res.in) and send the hard copy of the form (duly signed with photo affixed) to: Coordinator, AcSIR, CSIR Centre for Mathematical Modelling and Computer Simulation (C-MMACS), NAL Belur Campus, Bangalore 560037.
Last date for submission of applications: October 28, 2012.
The students will go through the selection process after initial screening for final selection. The selected candidates are required to join for research on or before January 14, 2013.
For details, logon to the link: