Yet another varsity notifies Medical PG
Kochi, Nov 13, 2013: Yet another varsity namely the Mysore-based JSS University has invited applications for admission to its post graduate medical and dental programmes for the academic year 2013 offered at its constituent colleges.
Postgraduate Medical Programmes (MD / MS / PG Diploma) are offered at: JSS Medical College, Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagara, Mysore – 570 015, Karnataka and Postgraduate Dental Programmes (MDS / PG Diploma) are offered at JSS Dental College, Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagara, Mysore – 570 015, Karnataka
PG DEGREE COURSES at JSS MEDICAL COLLEGE, MYSORE:
Pre-Clinical (Non-Clinical) 1. MS Anatomy 2. MD Physiology 3. MD Biochemistry Para-Clinical (Non-Clinical) 4. MD Pharmacology 5. MD Pathology 6. MD Microbiology 7. MD Community Medicine 8. MD Forensic Medicine Clinical 9. MD Radio - Diagnosis 10. MD General Medicine 11. MS General Surgery 12. MS OBG 13. MS Orthopaedics 14. MD Anesthesiology 15. MD Paediatrics 16. MS Ophthalmology 17. MS ENT 18. MD Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy ( Skin & STD) 19. MD Psychiatry
PG DIPLOMA COURSES at JSS MEDICAL COLLEGE, MYSORE:
1. Dip. In Obstetrics & Gynaecology (DGO) 2. Dip. in Clinical Pathology (DCP) 3. Dip. in Child Health (DCH) 4. Dip. in Orthopaedics (D. Ortho) 5. Dip. in Anaesthesiology (DA) 6. Dip. in Otolaryngology (DLO) 7. Dip. in Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy (DDVL) 8. Dip. in Ophthalmology (DO) 9. Dip. in Psychiatric Medicine (DPM) 10.DMRD
PG DENTAL COURSES at JSS DENTAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, MYSORE:
1. MDS Oral & Maxillofacial surgery 2. MDS Oral Medicine & Radiology 3. MDS Periodontology 4. MDS Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics 5. MDS Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry 6. MDS Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics 7. MDS Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge 8. MDS Public Health Dentistry
PG DIPLOMA COURSES at JSS DENTAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, MYSORE:
1. PG Diploma in Periodontology 2. PG Diploma in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 3. PG Diploma in Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics 4. PG Diploma in Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry 5. PG Diploma in Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge
ELIGIBILITY FOR APPEARING IN JSSU PGET – 2013
a. Qualifications: Requisite qualifications for admission to Medical / Dental PG Degree and Diploma courses: • The candidate seeking admission to these courses should have passed Final MBBS / Final BDS examinations from a college recognized by Medical Council / Dental Council of India, and should have completed the compulsory rotating internship/would be completing by 30th of April 2013. • As per the regulations of statutory bodies, as laid out in Post-Graduate regulations 2000 of Medical Council of India, the minimum percentage of marks in the entrance test for eligibility for admission to Medical Post-Graduate courses shall be 50 % for all candidates and the eligibility will be 40% for SC, ST, category-I & OBC as per Karnataka state regulation. • Foreign / PIO / NRI students need not appear for JSSU-PGET - 2012. Their admission will be based on qualifying examination marks as per MCI / DCI norms.
1. Submission of the application form for JSSU-PGET – 2012 entrance test by post or in person along with enclosures on or before 31.12.2012 at 5.00 pm. 2. The application should be accompanied by a DD for Rs. 3,000/- drawn in favour of “JSS UNIVERSITY FEE ACCOUNT” payable at Mysore. 3. The JSSU-PGET – 2013 entrance test will be held on SATURDAY, 19 01.2013 from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM at the examination centers in the following cities: • Mysore • Bangalore • Chennai • Noida
A candidate desirous of appearing in the JSSU PGET – 2013 entrance test for Post Graduate Medical/Dental Programmes MD/ MS / MDS / PG Diploma Course is required to complete the prescribed application form and submit to the JSS University in the following ways: • A candidate is required to download the prescribed application form from the website: http://www.jssuni.edu.in and submit the completed form to the JSS University on or before the scheduled date. The downloaded and printed application form should be sent along with a processing fee of Rs. 3,000/- only by way of DD favouring “JSS University Fee Account”, Mysosre, payable at Mysore along with the documents listed below:
1. Proof of Date of Birth (SSLC/10th Certificates/Birth certificate). 2. Marks card – MBBS/ BDS – from First to Final year. 3. Attempt Certificate. 4. Internship completion certificate 5. Provisional/ Permanent Registration of the Medical/Dental Council of India. 6. Degree Certificate. 7. Six recent, identical passport-size colour photographs with name and date.( In addition one copy of the photo should be pasted on the application form in the space provided) 8. Conduct certificate. 9. Migration Certificate 10. Caste / community certificate.( The certificate issued by competent authority for candidates claiming lower eligibility under SC / ST / Category – I/ OBC (only Karnataka candidates) categories) 11. Proof of MCI/DCI – recognition of the college from where student has completed the course. 12. Attested Copy of the Photo identity issued by Central / State Government (e.g. passport/voters card/pan card/driving license) 13. Processing fee of Rs. 3,000/- only by way of DD favouring “JSS University Fee Account”, Mysore, payable at Mysore.
• Candidates may also obtain the application form along with the Brochure by sending a processing fee of Rs. 200/- only by way of DD favouring “JSS University Fee Account”, Mysore payable at Mysore. The duly filled application form should be sent to the University along with documents listed below enclosing DD for Rs. 3,000/- favouring “JSS University Fee Account”, Mysore, payable at Mysore.
The completed application with requisite documents as detailed above along with demand draft for Rs.3000/-, should be enclosed in an envelope super scribed clearly on the outside of the envelope “Application for admission to PG Medical / PG Dental courses” and sent to The Registrar, JSS University, Sri Shivarathreeshwara Nagar, Mysore – 570 015, Karnataka so as to reach before 5:00 pm on 31.12.2012, either by speed post, courier or by hand.
Date of issue of Application form & Brochure on website: 12.11.2012 Last Date for receipt of filled application form for registration by the University by post: 31.12.2012 Last Date for receipt of filled application form for registration in the University in person: 31.12.2012 Date of Entrance Test: 19.01.2013 Commencement of Academic session: 01.05.2013
For further details, logon to the link: http://www.jssuni.edu.in