|News & Events News
|Admission at NIMHANS, Bangalore
Kochi, November 24, 2012: Online Applications have been invited by National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore on prescribed form for Admission to the following courses for the Academic Year 2012 - 2013:
(a) Institute Fellowship
1. PhD Degree in Clinical Psychology
2. PhD Degree in Neurophysiology
3. PhD Degree in Psychiatric Social Work
4. PhD Degree in Speech Pathology & Audiology
5. PhD Degree in Biostatistics
(b) Under Welcome Grant
6. PhD Degree in History of Psychiatry
(c) External Fellowship
Candidates with Sponsorship from Government of India / State Govt. Institutions, Deputed or Sponsored from a recognized University, Fellowships from Government Agencies like UGC, CSIR, ICMR, DBT (JRF / SRF only) and Permanent Employees and tenured employees of NIMHANS can also apply for PhD in the following departments of NIMHANS which will be considered at the discretion of the competent authority for Entrance Test and interview to be held during the month of February:
(c) Clinical Psychology
(d) Human Genetics
(e) Mental Health Education
(n) Speech Pathology & Audiology.
B) Post Graduate Degree / Diploma Courses:
1. MD Degree in Psychiatry
2. Diploma in Psychiatry (DPM)
3. Fellowship in Psychosocial Support Disaster Management
4. MPhil in Clinical Psychology
5. MPhil in Psychiatric Social Work
6. MPhil in Neurophysiology
7. MPhil in Biophysics
8. MPhil in Neurosciences
9. Master’s in Public Health
10. MSc in Psychiatric Nursing
C) Diploma Courses
1. Post Basic Diploma in Psychiatric / Mental Health Nursing
2. Post Basic Diploma in Neuroscience Nursing
Eligibility Conditions for Admission:
MD in Psychiatry: (a) MBBS: The duration of the course will be for a period of three years (b) Diploma in Psychiatry (DPM): The duration of the course will be for a period of two years for DPM candidates
Diploma in Psychiatry (DPM): MBBS: The duration of the course will be for a period of two years
Fellowship in Psychosocial Support Disaster Management: MPhil in Psychiatric Social Work / Clinical Psychology / Psychosocial Rehabilitation / Disaster Management or MSc in Psychiatric Nursing with one year experience after completion of MSc course.
PhD Degree in History of Psychiatry: MBBS or Post Graduation in Social Sciences / Humanities (History / Psychology / Sociology / Social Work / Cultural Studies)
PhD in Biophysics: MBBS / MPhil Biophysics / MSc in Biophysics / Physics / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Life Science / Physiology
PhD in Biostatistics: MStat. (ISI) / MSc in Statistics / Biostatistics / Medical Statistics / Health Statistics / Agricultural Statistics
PhD in Clinical Psychology: 2 years full time MA / MSc in Psychology / Counseling Psychology / Psychological Counseling / Applied Psychology / MPhil degree in Mental Health and Social Psychology / MPhil in Clinical Psychology
PhD in Human Genetics: MSc in any Life Sciences discipline
PhD in Mental Health Education: Master’s in Public Health, Health or Behavioural Sciences
PhD in Neurochemistry: MPhil in Neurosciences / MTech in Biotechnology / MSc in Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Biomedical Genetics / Molecular Biology / Life Science / Neurosciences / Medical Biochemistry / Molecular Genetics
PhD in Neuromicrobiology: MBBS / MD Microbiology / BE Biotechnology / MPhil Neuroscience / MSc in Medical Microbiology / Molecular Biology / MLT / Applied Microbiology / Biochemistry / Biomedical Genetics / Neuroscience
PhD in Neuropathology: MD in Pathology/MSc in Life Sciences / MBBS
PhD in Neurophysiology: MPhil in Neuroscience / Neurophysiology / MBBS / MD in Physiology / MD in Ayurveda / BE / BTech in Electronics / Electrical / Computer Science / Biotechnology / MSc in Physiology / Biochemistry / Anatomy / Neuroscience / Life Science / Biotechnology / Zoology / Masters in Physiotherapy
PhD in Neurovirology: MBBS / MD in Microbiology / MSc in Medical Microbiology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Virology
PhD in Psychiatric Nursing: Master’s Degree in Psychiatric Nursing
PhD in Psychiatric Social Work: Master’s Degree in Social Work / MPhil in Psychiatric Social work
PhD in Psychiatry: MBBS, MD or a Postgraduate degree in Basic Sciences or Humanities
PhD in Psychopharmacology: MD in Pharmacology / Physiology / Biochemistry / MBBS / BE Biotechnology / Bioinformatics / BTech Biotechnology / Bioinformatics / ME Biotechnology / Bioinformatics / MSc in Pharmacology / Physiology / Biochemistry / Life Science / Biotechnology / Bioinformatics
PhD in Speech Pathology & Audiology: Master’s degree in Speech Pathology & Audiology
MPhil in Biophysics: MBBS / BTech in Biotechnology / Electronics / Computer Science / MSc in Biophysics / Physics / Biochemistry / Biotechnology / Life Sciences / Zoology / Chemistry / Physiology
MPhil in Clinical Psychology: 2 years full time MA / MSc in Psychology / Counseling Psychology / Psychological Counseling / Applied Psychology
MPhil in Neurophysiology: MBBS / BAMS (Ayurveda) / BDS / MSc in Physiology / Neuroscience / Anatomy / Biochemistry / Zoology / Biotechnology / Life Science / Molecular Biology
MPhil in Neurosciences: MBBS / BE / BTech Electronics / Electrical / Computer Science / Biotechnology MSc Physics / Chemistry / Biochemistry / Anatomy / Physiology / Molecular Biology / Genetics / Biotechnology / Zoology / Life Science / MA Psychology / MSc Psychology
MPhil in Psychiatric Social Work: Master’s degree in Social Work
Master’s in Public Health: MBBS
MSc in Psychiatric Nursing: Should be a Registered Nurse & Midwife with any State Nursing Registration Council with minimum passing of BSc Nursing / BSc Hons. Nursing / Post Basic BSc Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks from an Institute recognized by INC with minimum of one year experience after Basic BSc Nursing as on the day of counseling. Minimum of one year of work experience prior or after post Basic BSc Nursing as on the day of counseling.
Post Basic Diploma in Psychiatric / Mental Health Nursing & Post Basic Diploma in Neurosciences Nursing: Should be a registered Nurse (R.N&R.M) in the State Nursing Council with one year experience as staff nurse.
For MD & DPM Courses the age should not be more than 32 years and, relaxable in case of SC / ST Candidates by a maximum of 5 years as on 2.5.2013. For sponsored candidates age should not be more than 45 years as on 2.5.2013.
1. Application forms for all the courses are available online at the NIMHANS website www.nimhans.kar.nic.in The applications have to be filled online and submitted online. Printout of the Application Abstract with the latest passport size photograph affixed (in the column provided) along with the Demand Draft and relevant enclosures should be sent to The Registrar, NIMHANS, Hosur Road, Bangalore - 560 029 by superscribing the name of the course(s) applied for, on the Envolope without fail.
2. A candidate can apply for a maximum of 3 courses only, provided they are eligible.
3. The Application fee is Rs.1500/- per course for General candidates and Rs.1000/- per course for SC / ST candidates.
4. Method of Payment
a) All the Candidates should download the challan and remit the payments through the challan only.
b) Candidates making the payment through the branches of State Bank of Mysore should obtain the journal number from the bank and the same has to be entered in the On-line application before submission.
c) Candidates making the payment through Banks other than State Bank of Mysore should obtain the RTGS / NEFT / UTR number from the respective Banks and the same has to be entered in the On-line application before submission.
d) The NIMHANS Copy of the Challan has to be attached along with the Abstract as proof of remittance of payment.
5. Foreign Nationals are required to submit their applications through the Diplomatic Channel (through the Ministry of External Affairs). They shall also appear for the common Entrance Test along with the other candidates.
6. Sponsored candidates should submit their application through proper channel and they should also appear for the Common Entrance Test. The candidates should produce the sponsorship certificate in the prescribed format.
7. There will be no entrance test for Post Basic Diploma in Psychiatric / Mental Health Nursing and Post Basic Diploma in Neurosciences Nursing Courses.
For details, log on to the link:
- Application is available online for final submission up to: 14th December 2012
- Last date for receipt of Application abstract along with enclosures by post / courier: 19th December 2012
- Online Entrance Test will be held in all the centres on: 24th February 2013
- The dates for Interview & Counseling will be: 11th and 12th March 2013
- Commencement of the Courses: 2nd May 2013
- Last date for admission of candidates: 9th May 2013