PG admission at MGU through CAP
Kochi, July 11, 2013: Applications have been invited for admission to the Post Graduate Programmes including new generation programmes conducted in the affiliated Arts & Science Colleges / Constituent Colleges for the academic year 2013-14 except PG programmes under the faculty of Fine Arts.
Eligibility For Admission:
(i) Candidates should have passed the corresponding Degree Examination under the 10 + 2 + 3 pattern with one core/main subject and two complementary/subsidiary subjects from any of the Universities in Kerala or of any other University recognized by Mahatma Gandhi University as equivalent thereto for admission, subject to the stipulation regarding marks.
(ii) Candidates who have passed Degree examination with Double or Triple main subject +or candidates who have passed the Degree Examination in Vocational or Specialized Programmes are also eligible for admission. However, they have to submit copy of the Equivalency/Eligibility Certificate from Mahatma Gandhi University, stating that, their Qualifying Examination is recognized for seeking admission to the relevant P.G. Degree Course(s) as applicable, at the time of admission. This provision is not applicable in the case of those applicants who have passed their qualifying examination from MG University.
The minimum requirements for admission to PG Degree Programmes are referred on the link: http://www.mgu.ac.in/files/PROSPECTUS%20CAP%202013%20Final%20Final.pdf
Details of the Programmes and Duration: The Programme extends for a period of Four Semesters. The Programme of study shall be by regular attendance for the requisite number of lectures, practical training and other means.
A. Admission to seats which come under the purview of Centralized Allotment process
Centralized Allotment Process:
Admission/ Allotment of seats under merit quota is governed by a Centralized Allotment Process. Selection/Allotment of a candidate to any college will be based on the rank of the candidate and the availability of seats. While a reserved category candidate entitled to admission on the basis of his/her merit will have the option of taking admission to the colleges where a specified number of seats have been kept reserved for reserved category, but while computing the percentage of reservation he/ she will be deemed to have been admitted as an open category candidate and not as a reserved category candidate.
Details of seats that come under the ambit of Centralized Allotment Process:
i. Govt. Colleges: Total seats available in government colleges except Sports/Cultural/PD quotas
ii. Aided Colleges: Open quota seats, seats earmarked for SC/ST candidates
iii. Unaided Colleges/ Unaided Programmes conducted in Aided Colleges: 50% of the total seats including seats reserved for SC/ST and SEBC
iv. Constituent Colleges owned and run by the University: 90% of the total seats including seats reserved for SC/ST and SEBC
Prospectus: For prospectus on Centralized Allotment Process visit the website www.mgu.ac.in or www.cap.mgu.ac.in and click on the link “Admission to PG Degree Programme 2013-2014”.
How and When to Apply:
There is only a single application form for applying for admission to the P.G. Degree Programmes in various affiliated colleges. If a candidate submits more than one application his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled.
The application fee will be as follows:
For General candidates : Rs. 300/-
For SC/ST candidates : Rs. 150/-
Steps for Registering Online:
• Follow the online instructions and fill in the personal details in the relevant fields provided. The password created by the candidate should not be revealed to others who may misuse it. This may result in tampering of the options and the University will not be responsible for any such eventuality.
• Generate a Chalan print out. The Chalan bears an ‘Application number’. The application number will have to be remembered by the candidate for all future online and offline operations.
• Approach the nearest SBT branch enlisted in the CAP portal along with the Chalan print out and the remit the required fee.
• Collect the Chalan copies bearing the seal from bank (Student copy and University copy). Only after completing this step, will the Application Number and password get activated.
• Go to the login Panel in MGU CAP Web Portal and Use the activated Application Number as user name and previously used password for Login.
• Fill the Application form with the remaining personal details, academic eligibility and the options.
• Verify with the relevant documents and confirm the details entered online.
• Take the print out of filled up application for final submission to the College concerned at the time of admission.
Eligibility, Time Schedule and Procedure for Online Registration of Options
Eligibility for registering options: The candidates, registering their options, should satisfy all the eligibility conditions
with regard to academic qualifications stated in the Prospectus. Options of only those candidates who figure in the rank
list will be processed for allotment.
The options for college(s) and Programme(s) should be done while submitting personal and academic data
online or subsequently within the last date of submission of application.
Further Allotments if any will be notified subject to the availability of vacancies.
Schedule For Admission:
1. Online availability of Application forms and Prospectus : 15/07/2013
2. Online Candidate Registration : 15/07/2013-27/07/2013 5pm
3. Publication of Provisional Rank List & Trial Allotment : 01/08/2013
4. Data modification, if any, by applicants / Rearrangement/addition/deletion of options : 01/08/2013– 02/08/2013 5pm
5. First Allotment : 07/08/2013
6. Remittance of fee due to University at designated branches of SBT : 07/08/2013 – 08/08/2013
7. Reporting for admission in colleges : 07/08/2013 – 08/08/2013 5pm
8. Facility for option modification ( Rearrangement & deletion only) : 10/08/2013 – 12/08/2013 5pm
9. Second allotment : 15/08/2013
10. Remittance of fee due to University at designated branches of SBT (Second allotment) : 16/08/2013 – 17/08/2013
11. Reporting for admission in colleges : 16/08/2013 – 17/08/2013 5pm
12. Commencement of classes : 19/08/2013
13. Online Candidate Registration for Special Allotment for SC/ST candidates : 21/08/2013 -22/08/2013 5pm
14. Special Allotment for SC/ST candidates : 26/08/2013
15. Remittance of fee due to University at designated branches of SBT (Special allotment) : 26/08/2013 – 27/08/2013
16. Reporting for admission in colleges (Special allotment) : 26/08/2013 – 27/08/2013 5pm
17. Spot Allotment for SC/ST candidates : 31/08/2013
18. Reporting for admission in colleges (Spot allotment for SC/ST Candidates) : 31/08/2013- 02/09/2013 5pm
19. Online Candidate Registration for Supplementary Allotment : 05/09/2013- 06/09/2013 5pm
20. Supplementary Allotment : 10/09/2013
21. Remittance of fee due to University at designated branches of SBT (Supplementary Allotment) : 10/09/2013-11/09/2013
22. Reporting for admission in colleges (Supplementary Allotment) : 10/09/2013-11/09/2013 5pm
23. Closing of Admission : 30/09/2013
For details, see the links: